Graduate Assistant of Facilities & Operations
Join a vibrant campus community whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success. West Chester University Department of Campus Recreation invites applicants for the Graduate Assistant of Facilities & Operations position. In this role, the Graduate Assistant will have the opportunity to obtain experience in leadership, decision making, and budget creation while receiving mentorship from the WCU professional recreation staff.
Take advantage of a great opportunity to foster student development and help shape Campus Recreation at West Chester University. The Graduate Assistant will report directly to the Associate Director of Facilities & Business Operations and will be responsible for the daily operation of the Student Recreation Center. This individual is primarily responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluating over 75 undergraduate student staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist with all aspects of facility operations for the Department of Campus Recreation
· Interview, hire, train, schedule, and evaluate over 75 undergraduate student staff
· Update and maintain facilities staff manual
· Enforce all policies and procedures of the Student Recreation Center
· Oversee, take inventory, inspect, and maintain all fitness equipment within Campus Recreation facilities
· Provide onsite supervision for special events
· Assist reservation groups with entrance, set-up and utilization of facility
· Assist in planning, organizing, and execution of department wide all-staff training before each semester
· Promote the importance of inclusivity and diversity within Student Affairs
· Assist with assessing student learning outcomes
· Attend and participate in various meetings pertaining to the department of Campus Recreation
· Work one shift as facility supervisor of Student Recreation Center each week
· Other tasks or responsibilities as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in recreation, physical education, exercise science, sports management, or a related field
· Minimum one year of experience in the field of campus recreation, community recreation, or Athletics
· Admission and good academic standing to a graduate degree program
· Semester appointment for up to 4 academic semesters. Hourly employment is available during periods outside of contract.
· Out of state tuition waiver for up to 12 hours of academic credit/semester paid for by the Department of Campus Recreation.
· Semester Stipend: $2,500/semester, $5,000/academic year