INTERIOR DESIGN INTERN (Product Trends & Concepts) (Undergrad)
Lowe's 2023 Summer Internship Program offers a challenging, project-based opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to enhance their understanding of the retail business world through valuable, hands-on experience with a FORTUNE® 50 company. The internship will provide broad learning, experience, organizational knowledge, and business acumen. We are looking for:
• Students driven by potential
• Dynamic individuals who are as inspiring as they are capable of being inspired
• Sharp minds eager to take on new challenges and able to recognize and embrace new opportunities
• Great collaborators who understand the power of "we"
• People who push the boundaries of what's possible
The summer internship program begins with orientation on May 22nd and concludes on August 4th. All internships are paid opportunities. This role has potential for conversion into a full-time role for those that successfully complete their internship and required education. And qualified interns will be eligible for Lowe's housing benefit.
Trends & Concepts Intern will be supporting a highly collaborative team to conduct research, compile mood boards and coordinate a collection based on seasonal or PLR needs.
- Create seasonal trend concept(s) for 2024 to translate to our Total Home Vision
- Research, conceptualize, and develop trend themes for a given season
- Utilize internal and external resources to gather trend data, supporting imagery and color direction.
- Compile Mood Boards, Color Palettes and Print & Pattern Direction for a theme.
- Work with cross functional partners to understand how a product goes from concept to fruition.
- Present a final theme to cross functional team.
- Manage day-to-day activities such as SharePoint filing and communication with Print & Pattern Vendors
Exposure and engagement across the Lowe's Product Design functions/teams: Product Trends, Print & Pattern vendors
Education and/or Experience
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Industrial, Product, Textile, Interior, Graphic Design or related fields with expected graduation date of December 2023 or May 2024
- Proficient in MS Office Programs (specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Teams)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and creating presentation/mood boards that align with the overall brand direction
- Portfolio that includes Mood Board Designs, trends in design and your sources of inspirational content
- Strong collaborative, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills are required
- Passion for home design and décor
Relevant internship and experience is a plus, as is experience in a leadership position at work or within a campus organization