Construction Engineer Trainee, Transportation
RK&K is seeking an Engineer Trainee to support multiple construction project opportunities throughout RK&K's core locations.
In this role, you will work closely with project managers and other team members in provision of construction services on a variety of construction management/Inspection projects.
- Assist project engineers and managers on a variety of tasks, including preparation of contract plans, specifications and construction cost estimates on construction projects
- Assist with construction projects with office engineering services (submittal review, contract document interpretation, requests for information, correspondence, change requests, and change orders)
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively coordinate with clients, contractors, sub-contractors, and project teams including other disciplines, such as cost estimators, designers, and other engineers
- Quality control review and claims analyses of contract documents
Required Technical and Functional Skills
- A self-starter, versatile and interested in working on a variety of projects supporting the Construction Management Group
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the organization, retrieval, and presentation of construction documentation
- Familiar with Microsoft Professional Suite including Word, Outlook, Project and Excel
Required Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Zero (0) to two (2) years of project experience in construction engineering
- Familiar with highway design processes, highway engineering principals/practices, highway design project management, highway processes/practices
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
With 30 offices from Pennsylvania to Florida and ranked 61st on ENR’s 2021 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms, our design and construction management firm specializes in transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound, technical solutions to achieve the best possible outcome on a project. Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,400 employees as a professional, RK&K has received extensive recognition for its exceptional and unique workplace culture.
What We Offer
RK&K offers excellent potential for career advancement and professional growth. We also offer attractive compensation packages commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, tuition reimbursement, company health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances as well as a 401(k) plan with company matching.