RK&K is currently accepting applications for entry to Jr. level Water Wastewater Engineers to join our team throughout the Nation. As an engineer with RK&K you will report to and gain experience from a Project Manager and/ a Sr. Project Engineer. You will contribute directly to the project team with the design and preparation of a variety of projects while adhering to RK&K’s QC/QA guidelines.
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, specifications and costs estimates for water, wastewater, stormwater and municipal water/wastewater systems
- Conduct technical evaluations to support planning and design related to water and wastewater systems
- Preparation and review of technical memoranda, engineering reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents
- Participate in community outreach tasks
- Support field testing and investigations when required
- Provide construction inspection and administration of water/wastewater pumping and pipeline construction projects.
- Communicate effectively and coordinate with clients, project teams including other disciplines, such as cost estimators, designers, and other engineers
- (0) Zero – (2) years of increasingly-responsible, project experience in the study, design, and construction administration and inspection of water, wastewater stormwater facilities and infrastructure (pipelines, force mains, pump stations, treatment)
- A self-starter, versatile and interested in working on a variety of projects supporting the Water and Wastewater Group including incidental tasks such as design of green Stormwater Infrastructure, ADA curb ramp designs, street reconstruction grading.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills required
- Demonstrated proficiency in the organization and presentation of documentation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Professional Suite including Word, Outlook, Project, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D is desirable.
Required Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related
- EIT (Engineer in Training) or the ability to obtain in 12 months
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice