Chemical Engineer Co-Op Fall 2023
Description: BRANCH out of the classroom and GROW through hands-on experience.
Olin is proud of the robust college program we have built and our ability to grow talent from within. Many of our interns/co-ops return semester after semester and join full-time after graduation. A career at Olin means more than a traditional career path; it is the opportunity to explore each of our industry leading divisions, departments and desirable locations. We cultivate diverse experiences and career-building opportunities uniquely designed to help you flourish in your role or career.
Join Olin’s previous college recruits who have grown with us to become plant leaders, supply chain directors and commercial gurus. Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls, a division of Olin Corporation, is seeking Chemical Engineering students. These positions will be located at the Freeport, Texas manufacturing site. Additional locations include Charleston, Tennessee; Plaquemine, Louisiana; St. Gabriel, Louisiana; McIntosh, Alabama; and Niagara Falls, New York.
Let's connect and discover how you can Grow with Olin.
Our college recruiting program is aimed at students who have completed their sophomore year of college or beyond. Students in our college program are encouraged to work at different Olin plants, divisions and business functions as they progress from one assignment to the next.
Examples of Daily Activities:
- Work alongside maintenance and production to develop and implement new or improved chemical manufacturing processes
- Assist with troubleshooting, gathering and analyzing data
- Serve as engineering representative on small capital projects
- Justify, specify, obtain approval, order and install processes and equipment
- Support plant and Operational and Maintenance Excellence goals, including continuous improvement / Lean manufacturing initiatives
- Enrolled at an accredited college or university majoring in an undergraduate Chemical Engineering degree program. Preference given to students located within 50 miles of the assigned Olin location.
- Must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale at all times throughout your time at Olin. An official transcript will be required each term. Cumulative GPA on current institution transcript will be used in transfer college situations
- Must have completed sophomore year prior to first assignment with Olin
- Ability to work full time (40 hours a week during normal business hours) either January – May 2023 or August – December 2023. Not eligible for virtual work.
- Preference will be given to candidates with availability and desire to work a minimum of three (3) terms with no more than one of those terms occurring over the summer
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
- Must currently possess a valid driver's license
Olin does not provide any form of sponsorship to applicants not authorized to work in the US. These positions are intended to become pipeline positions to full time opportunities, when available and performance warrants. Intern/co-op candidates must be eligible for full time work in the US after graduation without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
Who we are:
Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls is one of three proud business units of Olin Corporation. Olin began in 1892 and has steadily grown to become an industry leader in both ammunition and chemicals manufacturing. Winchester, Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls and Olin Epoxy employ approximately 8,000 professionals in more than 20 countries with customers in nearly 100 countries around the globe.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.