Engineer, Water Resources
RK&K is currently accepting applications for entry to mid-level Water Resources Engineers to join our team throughout the Mid-Atlantic and South-East. The Engineer should have experience with some or all of the following areas to support municipal and transportation project designs. Stormwater Management, Erosion and Sediment Control, Hydrology & Hydraulics Design, Floodplain/Scour Modeling, Watershed Studies, and dam break analysis for various exciting projects throughout Virginia and surrounding States.
What you'll do:
- Work alongside an experienced Project Engineer and/or Project Manager to develop, evaluate design stormwater management facilities to support commercial, municipal and transportation infrastructure projects across RK&K’s vast portfolio
- Develop water system analysis and modeling for water system and storage design
- Design H&H of stormwater control BMPs and produce engineering drawings with SCMs for culverts, bridges and dams; and related
- Floodplain analysis using HEC-RAS
- Provide excellent client services with a focus on quality and timeliness
- Meet and work directly with other design team members including project manager, project engineers, design technicians, drafters, surveyors, contractors, inspectors, public agency officials, and clients.
- Develop civil engineering plans using AutoDesk Civil3D, MicroStation, GeoPak and GIS while applying knowledge of local, state, and federal design standards
Required Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Civil / Environmental Engineering or similar field with Zero (0) - Three (3) years of experience
- Internship or professional experience as an engineer or designer in a water resources related role
- Candidates will work in a diverse and challenging environment and must be capable of working on and coordinating simultaneous tasks and have ability to coordinate technical matters with public and private entities
- E.I.T or the ability to obtain within 12 months of employment
- MicroStation and/or AutoCAD experience
- HEC-RAS and/or PCSWMM experience preferred using both 1 and 2D modeling
- Civil3D/ORD/Inroads experience preferred.
What we offer:
This position affords you the opportunity to fully engage to solve complex problems, provide technical evaluation, and be an integral team member for the design and analysis of water resources projects.
RK&K offers a highly competitive salary based on experience and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement and training in addition to 3 weeks PTO and an attractive 401(k) plan with company match.
Our success is due to the hard work and dedication of our employees and this position, along with all RK&K opportunities gives you the chance to continually expand your capabilities through hands on career development and various professional training, certification opportunities.