Intern: Assay Development
Invest in your career at SomaLogic and join our summer internship program: SomaU! Our teams are successful by using our values: we focus on results, trust each other, shine in our roles, actively practice respect, be humble and collectively change the world.
Wage Notice: $20/hour
SomaLogic (NASDAQ: SLGC) was founded in 2000 with the goal of improving the well-being and quality of life of every individual by transforming how diseases were detected, diagnosed and managed. Building on decades of aptamer research, SomaLogic scientists developed a ground-breaking proteomics technology that overcomes the significant challenges of existing protein measuring technologies, with multiple applications across the biological and medical sciences.
Our mission is to leverage our proprietary technology to create, develop and commercialize innovative life science research tools and breakthrough clinical products that transform healthcare.
SomaLogic’s SomaExplore team is seeking a full-time intern to assist with advanced technologies and assay improvements. The SomaExplore team is a multidisciplinary team responsible for the exploration and development of new technologies and methods to improve the existing SomaScan® assay. The ideal candidate will combine knowledge of biology and/or engineering to help the team improve the functionality of our microarray readout and of new tools for assay automation.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Execute microarray hybridization studies and other experiments to improve assay performance, usability, and reproducibility
- Assist in the development of new methods for multiplexed assay readout
- Design and fabricate tools to assist in assay improvement
- Work collaboratively with team members to plan experiments, execute labwork, document data, and communicate results in a timely manner
- Provide support for other SomaLogic teams
- Analyze experimental results and consolidate information into useful visualizations
Education and Experience:
- New graduate, Senior seeking a BA/BS Degree, or Master’s student in Biology, Biochemistry, or Biomedical/Biochemical/Biological Engineering
- Experience in laboratory environment - accurate pipetting, diluting, and effective experiment planning
- Aptitude and desire for ongoing learning of biological, engineering, and bioinformatic techniques
- Experience analyzing and presenting data
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Strong communication
- Analytical thinker, able to critically assess data, devise creative solutions, and prioritize tasks
- Experience analyzing data in a coding language such as R, Igor, or Python
- Experience with microscopy and microarrays
- Experience with CAD software and component fabrication
- Experience with assay automation
- Work is in a typical laboratory environment with personal protective equipment required
- As Somalogic is a Hazardous Waste Generator, this position performs hazardous waste duties in accordance with internal controlled documents, local, State and Federal regulations
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs on a regular basis
- Work is in a highly collaborative environment
Internship program details:
- Full time schedule – 40 hours/week M-F
- 10 week summer assignment starting on June 5th 2023
- Company issues laptop & equipment provided for the duration of internship program
- Interns partner with a mentor and receive challenging work and experience a genuine work life balance
SomaLogic provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.