Trainer, Associate - POST
This announcement is being used to fill a part-time, non-benefited, grant funded position as a Trainer, Associate with Idaho Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST). The person selected for this position will plan, develop, obtain, modify, present, and evaluate specialized POST training funded by federal grants and maintain related records. The incumbent will also be responsible for writing and submitting grant applications, program management for the grants, and quarterly grant program reporting. This position is subject to availability of federal grant funding.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful applicant will be required to complete a background investigation, polygraph examination and comply with our drug policy. Please review the ISP Drug Policy and ISP Grooming and Appearance Standards.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Coordinates and administers POST in-service training funded by federal grants
- Researches and identifies training needs for Idaho law enforcement officers and seeks federal funding opportunities to provide training
- Writes and submits new or established grant applications
- Develops training plans to meet program goals
- Writes and monitors contracts with professional training providers and consultants
- Advertises available training opportunities, facilitates course registrations, and schedules appropriate training facilities
- Creates and maintains course attendance records, monitors satisfactory course completion, and updates officer training records
- Works with POST Videographer to produce digital training content
- Writes and submits project and performance reports for POST federal grants
- Maintains grant records
- Works with external organizations to identify and manage collaborative projects
- Performs additional duties as assigned
Some knowledge of:
- training methods
- developing and making presentations before groups
- drafting narrative reports
Desirable qualifications that may provide extra credit:
- experience writing grant applications
- experience coordinating Federal grant programs and reporting on performance
Please see the online job posting for complete information and apply online before the closing date.