Technical Records Specialist 1 - Information Technology
The Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) is seeking applicants to fill a Technical Records Specialist 1 position. This position provides a variety of records support functions; reviews and processes documents; determines and explains compliance with laws, rules, regulations and policies and takes appropriate action. The position is also responsible to maintain a manual or computerized records system and performs related work.
SALARY: $17.00 - $19.45 Hourly
PLEASE NOTE: The successful applicant will be required to complete a background investigation and polygraph examination. Please review the ISP Drug Policy and ISP Grooming and Appearance Standards.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
Provides front-line customer service and refers customers to appropriate office or staff
- Liaison for copier/office machine support, servicing, and supplies
- Invoice and track information technology (IT) purchases for each section within ISP
- Create and maintain IT documents as requested
- Manage processing of transactions into electronic accounting software
- Tracking and processing security requests for external IT contractors and trainers
- Update and maintain websites using WordPress software
- Storing, retrieving, and compiling information/reports in a timely manor
- Verifying training/travel requests
- Maintain IT calendars and schedule appointments
- Monitoring a records system to identify and correct errors
- Researching a variety of sources to resolve problems
- Interpreting, explaining and applying regulations, laws, or complex policies to carry out assignments
- Entering and retrieving data using a computerized records system
- Experience maintaining calendars and scheduling appointments
- Knowledge of financial record keeping
- Work experience with WordPress software
Please see the online job posting for complete information and apply online before the closing date.