Outreach Intern for Tutoring Nonprofit
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
Educate. Radiate. Elevate. is looking for enthusiastic volunteer Outreach Interns with a strong desire to build relationships with the community while forwarding E.R.E’s mission of strengthening the educational achievement of underserved students.
Internships with E.R.E. are a great way to gain experience in social/community services, education, entrepreneurship, marketing, and nonprofit work. Join us in spreading awareness and inspiring interest!
Why Volunteer as an Intern?
- Enjoy a flexible, remote work schedule with a great deal of autonomy
- Make your resume/CV stand out with real-world experience
- Help make a difference!
Educate. Radiate. Elevate. is a nonprofit operating in Illinois and Texas that provides underserved youth with high-quality instruction from experienced tutors who will assist them with academics and test prep as well as essential learning and life skills. Our mission is to minimize the disproportionate learning losses for low-income students of color to provide economic, social, and emotional stability for the youth served, their families, and their community.
What you’ll do:
- Advocate enthusiastically, spreading awareness and inspiring interest
- Be persistent in enhancing relationships with schools, nonprofits, service providers, and donors via email and phone correspondence
- Carefully maintain logs of volunteer hours and document details of interactions
- Participate in professional skills development training
What you’ll learn:
- How to speak with others to create an immediate impact
- How to advocate for a specific cause to win hearts and minds simultaneously
- How to build meaningful, long-lasting professional relationships
- Business communication, both written and verbal
- Dedicate at least 5 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months
- Support E.R.E.’s social media presence by sharing at least one of our posts weekly on your personal social media
- Have reliable access to a device with email and WiFi and to a personal phone (or google voice number) that can make calls in the USA
What else should you know?
E.R.E. promotes from within! After 3 months, there is potential to be promoted to other positions including Data Analyst, Translator, IT Support, Grant Writer/Reviewer, Marketing Intern, Website Editor, Bookkeeper, Committee Member, and Manager. After 6 months, there is potential to be promoted to a paid position.