New Constructs is an independent investment research firm that provides unrivaled insights into the fundamentals and valuation of public businesses. We offer analysts a unique opportunity to learn and grow in an environment focused on leveraging cutting-edge NLP/ML/AI technologies to create superior investment research.
We are looking for people to help us continue to scale our proprietary technology and uniquely comprehensive approach to financial analysis and valuation.
Elite money managers, advisors and institutions have relied on us to lower risk and improve performance since 2004.
Some of the most respected institutions in the world have written papers that prove our research is superior:
- The Journal of Financial Economics published a paper by Harvard Business School & MIT Sloan professors that proves our measure of earnings is the best in the world.
- Ernst & Young published a paper show that our measure of Return on Invested Capital (ROIC) is materially superior to what Capital IQ and Bloomberg offer. See the Appendix of the paper for the direct comparison.
- Indiana's Kelley School of Business published a paper showing our Robo-Analyst investment ratings are superior to human ratings.
Partnerships with IEX Cloud, APEX Clearing, TD Ameritrade, Refinitiv/Thomson Reuters, Interactive Brokers, Ernst & Young and more enable us to deliver our investment ratings & research on over 10,000 stocks, ETFs and mutual funds to millions of self-directed investors, financial advisors and corporate executives.
New Constructs is seeking upcoming and recent graduates with a strong interest in the equity markets and data analysis for our 2023 Associate Analyst class.
All incoming Associate Analysts participate in a classroom training program taught by founder, CEO and former hedge fund manager David Trainer. After developing the necessary conceptual foundation in financial statement analysis and valuation, new Associate Analysts gain hands-on experience modeling different firms across all sectors in a 4-6 month training and mentorship program. Throughout the program, Associate Analysts will be trained to build and update models using New Constructs’ cutting-edge technology. Importantly, our technology enables Associate Analysts to analyze more financial statements in a few months than most would see in a lifetime. Our technology enables you to learn more and learn faster. After successful completion of the training program, remote work opportunities are available to Associate Analysts.
Further professional development is fostered through our Analyst Mentor Program. Those passionate about data analysis are offered opportunities to develop their skills related to SQL, Tableau and more. Additionally, enrollment in the CFA program is encouraged, with reimbursement offered upon the successful completion of each exam.
The Associate Analyst's primary responsibilities include:
- Leverage cutting-edge, proprietary machine learning software and AI to analyze financial statements and footnotes with unrivaled rigor
- Build and maintain economic earnings and discounted cash flow models
- Perform financial and statistical analyses on individual companies and whole industries to support the generation of published research utilizing our proprietary database of fundamental economic data
- Propose and implement updates to financial models to reflect accounting changes
- Prepare presentation and other materials for clients
- Work directly with programmers to improve our proprietary technologies
- BA/BS degree in any field. All majors are encouraged to apply. Finance, accounting, economics, mathematics, data science, engineering or other quantitative backgrounds are all well suited to the position, but all interested persons can be successful. We’re interested in a diversity of backgrounds.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; strong financial accounting and modeling skills
- A competitive academic record and 0-2 years of work experience
- High overall computer proficiency including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Superior oral and written communication skills; superior ability to get work done, meet deadlines, and prioritize
- A passion for the equity markets and interest in fundamental analysis
- Experience with SQL and Tableau or other tools for working with large datasets is desirable but not required