Student Trainee (IT Intern)-ORD
These positions are in the Office of Research and Development.
This is an office-centered position--you must physically report to one of the duty stations stated in this announcement on a regular basis (location TBD after candidate selected). Partial work-from-home flexibilities may be authorized.
For more information on this office, visit: Office of Research and Development (ORD)
At the GS7 level, you will:
- Provide support to higher-graded IT specialists in the area of application software;
- Learn and provide maintenance for existing software systems;
- Research application software security information, policies, principles, and practices;
- Assist with IT systems projects and activities in support of the program staff.
At the GS9 level, you will:
- Perform a variety of support tasks in the area of automated data processing functions;
- Conduct routine systems operational analysis and provide recommendations and proposals to senior specialists in support of the development of computer system policies and procedures;
- Assist in arranging meetings and conferences with project members, including preparing responses and providing data and project status material;
- Conduct studies related to computer projects, gather, and compile data for review by senior level officials;
- Assist in the preparation of briefing documents.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations), if appropriate to the position.
See the USAJOBS application for details on qualifications and eligibility.