Project Manager / Area Manager - Water
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
- Layne, a Granite Company is seeking a Sr. Project Manager or Area Manager to oversee the daily operations and growth of our Stuttgart, Arkansas location. This position will oversee a team of about 20 individuals and manage the project estimation, cost projection, quotes, and field personnel for the entire water resources office to ensure successful operations. Assist in the preparation and implementation of strategic plan for the area and business unit that promotes growth of the business unit and its capabilities, which are consistent with the Group and corporate strategic plans and goals.
- Prepare and communicate accurate and timely financial forecasts, budgets, and projections.
- Be a visible model and champion for our employees to conduct themselves and our business activities consistent with our Core Values and Code of Conduct; enhancing our reputation for truthfulness and fair dealing.
- Ensure that the Company’s Safety programs are implemented, and that there is zero tolerance for non-compliance with minimum safety standards set by the Corporate and Group leadership.
- Work diligently to create an environment with the ultimate goal of “ZERO” accidents.
- Develop and mentor, ensuring that Area employees are properly trained in the skills necessary for success at Granite, given opportunity for stretch assignments, and given full access (including transfer) for leadership development.
- Embrace leadership and employee development with active participation in Employee Development initiatives.
- Performance-manage employees resulting in high performance teams.
- Promote change and the Pursuit of Excellence in the geographic area.
- Build a culture that strives to lead the industry in technological and process improvement.
- Collaborate with Group Functional leadership in developing best practices and personnel inside the business unit.
- Ensure that area personnel meet the highest standards as set by functional leaders and take an active part in personnel and team development.
- Ensure that Group Functional leaders are an integral part of employee development. Include Group Functional leadership in area leadership individual development dialogues.
- Actively participate in bid reviews for all large dollar and/or complicated bids to ensure estimate accuracy, risk and opportunity assessment, and strength and weakness analysis is consistent with overall Group expectations.
- Actively participate in the management of the area water well drilling business, including but not limited to, ensuring that best industry practices are adopted, projects are consistent with the Group financial expectations, and commodity purchases utilize Group resources and are consistent with Group expectations.
- Champion growth initiatives in the area, including pro-forma and market analysis for acquisitions.
- Ensure that acquisition opportunities are consistent with the strategic plan and meet Group and Corporate goals.
- Develop strategic and professional relationships; work to build alliances with customers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure Granite is a well-respected leader in the local community.
- When requested by Group and Corporate management, provide personnel and development opportunities to help build bench strength for Company growth.
- Ensure that the Company’s equipment standards and policies are being met. Include Corporate Functional equipment leadership in regular inspection of branch equipment resources.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.