Developmental Program Manager
The United States Space Force (USSF) Space Systems Command at Los Angeles Space Force Base is searching for a Developmental Program Manager (GS-1101-07T12).
The United States Space Force is currently searching for Palace Acquire (PAQ) applicants in the field of Acquisition Program Management for Summer 2023. At SSC, Space Starts Here! We are searching for Palace Acquire (PAQ) applicants to be trained as Acquisition Program Managers (PM). The PM PAQ internship is a paid, full-time, two to three-year training program that includes promotions and yearly salary increases based on performance. Upon successful completion, you’ll be offered a permanent professional-level position making it the perfect vehicle to launch the career you’ve worked so hard for.
As an Acquisition Program Manager (PM) intern, you’ll work shoulder to shoulder with the men and women of our armed forces as well as other Civilian professionals representing multiple disciplines to ensure each stakeholder is aligned in meeting the cost, scheduling, and performance goals of each initiative. You’ll help plan, monitor performance, and determine the resources required to achieve each milestone.
U.S. Citizenship Required
Must be a recent undergraduate/graduate (graduated within the last two years) from an accredited college or university.
Current enrolled students must complete their degree by Spring 2023 and official transcript submitted prior to receiving firm job offer.
Cumulative GPA of 2.95 and above
Ability to obtain and maintain Security Clearance (funded by USAF)
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of acquisition program management principles, techniques, requirements, methods, and practices to carry out tasks to support planning, organizing, and managing weapon systems acquisition.
- Knowledge to perform tasks to assist in the development of acquisition logistics that support the operation, maintenance, and support of the system.
- Analytical and evaluation skills to assess capability in meeting customer or project requirements.
- Oral and written communication skills for effective working relationships, interaction with customers, and exchange of information.
1. Position is eligible for situational telework.
2. Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
3. Employee must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
4. PCS/Relocation/Recruitment incentives may or may not be paid.
5. Employee may be required to work extended or other than normal duty hours to include evenings and weekends and may be subject to recall. Incumbent may be required to report to work during base exercises, contingencies, or emergency situations and overtime/comp time/credit hours may be required to accomplish assigned duties.
The United States Space Force (USSF) is a military service that organizes, trains, and equips military members and civilians to protect U.S. and allied interests in space and provide space capabilities to the joint force. USSF responsibilities include developing Guardians, acquiring military space systems, maturing the military doctrine for space power, and organizing space forces to present to our Combatant Commands (CCMDs).
The strategic importance of space can’t be overstated. Political and humanitarian interests as well as commercial concerns vital to the world economy all rely on space-based systems. Launched in 2019 as the nation’s sixth and newest military branch, the USSF was created to protect the interests and assets of America and its allies in this heavily contested realm. The Department of Defense relies on satellites and advanced space-based technology for secure communications, navigation, real-time reconnaissance, precision targeting on the battlefield, early warning of potential missile launches, and even weather forecasting. Guardians and civilians of the USSF are challenged every day to reach new heights in protecting and amplifying these space-based capabilities and defending our way of life by maintaining our edge in space.
The Space Force wants to attract talent with the character and potential to excel, empower them with information and choices, and develop them in line with their desires and the Space Force’s needs to create a high-performing organization necessary to secure and defend space. Please review the new Guardian Ideal to learn more about the new talent culture within the new U.S. Space Force, as we have a chance to make history and rewrite some of the rules—we hope you are excited about the opportunities this will present!