Adult Disability Instructor
The Adult Disability Instructor will be responsible for instructing and facilitating learning for individuals who have barriers to work such as those with physical and intellectual disabilities and displaced workers. Instructors will assist individuals in accessing computer technology and applications training using our web-based curriculum. The instructor will also teach and facilitate the instruction of soft-skills, job-readiness, and communication.
Instructors must be web/computer savvy and able to communicate with individuals, case managers and their guardians.
- Full-time work from 8am-3pm, Monday-Friday.
- Instruct, supervise, coach and assist individuals in the development of computer technology and applications, work-ready skills and soft skills in accordance with the individual’s plan and assigned curriculum.
- Collaborate with the Administrator and team to coordinate instructional activities to enhance learning and achievement; provide recommendations concerning methods, plans and strategies for enhancing opportunities for participants.
- Complete necessary information for meetings, daily documentation on individual’s progress, incident reports or other required forms or logs as assigned.
- Participate along with the team in developing future curriculum to enhance the program.
- Ensure the environment is safe, clean, productive, comfortable and stimulating.
- Provide continuous supervision of assigned individuals and know their whereabouts at all times.
- Attend and participate in various ISP meetings, conferences and address related issues, and identify participants’ needs.
- Transport individuals using either the company vehicle or personal vehicle only when necessary.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Administrator to meet the particular needs of the participants.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Solid computer skills and ability in Microsoft Office (2019 & 365) and virtual meeting platforms (ex: Google Hangout, Zoom).
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications
- Must know or be familiar with Google Suite and Gmail and how to access and use a computer and the internet.
- Must be highly organized and able to maintain
- Experience with computer-based learning
- Effective in-person, written and oral communications skills.
- Must have good presentation skills.
- Must be able to think quickly and clearly and have a high level of problem-solving skills.
- Willingness for ongoing professional development that supports program success.
- Clean Background
- Valid driver’s license with fewer than 6 points in the last 2 years on your record.
- Must have a high school diploma or higher education.
- At least 1 year of working with students or adults with developmental disabilities in a vocational rehabilitation workshop or center environment.
- Strong interest in working with individuals who have barriers to work such as a disability, particularly those with social and emotional needs.
What Onebridge Support Services can offer you:
- Paid training online and offline.
- Implementation coach to assist with implementing the curriculum and best practices.
- Employee referral bonus program
- Voluntary benefits which includes vision, dental, disability and life insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, hospital insurance).
- Employee discount program
- Other generous benefits and perks!
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Onebridge Center we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Onebridge Center is a company that provides supports and innovative day and vocational rehabilitation services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We have over 15 years of experience in the human service industry. We pair caring services and web-based training and technology to help people reach the POSSIBLE.