ENT Department - TA/Grader for MET
The Purdue School of Engineering and Technology offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs that prepare students for careers in a global economy and are recognized regionally, nationally, and internationally for our excellence in teaching and learning, research and creative activities, and community engagement. The Department of Engineering Technology is seeking good communicators to fill one position.
These positions will have the following general duties:
- Interact with students in a classroom or laboratory setting
- Assist with laboratory experiments and correctly score homework, lab assignments, quizzes and exams as requested by the supervising faculty/instructor.
- Current IUPUI student
- The candidate should be a student in the Department of Engineering Technology, have a 2.7 overall GPA with at least a 3.0 grade point average in their major.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Reliable, self-driven, goal-oriented team player
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Canvas
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing to learn from mistakes and ask questions
- Working knowledge of technology & tools (ex. WCMS, Adobe Acrobat, MS Teams, MS Sharepoint, etc.)
- Prior experience working in an office setting
- It is strongly preferred the candidate will have taken the course they are assisting in and have received a grade of B or better.
Through their work in this position, students will become acquainted with the following profile:
Communicator – Students will learn how to be better communicators by building relationships with peers, fellow students, and faculty members. Individuals in this position will improve their active listening skills by interacting with and assisting other students with their inquiries.
The candidate will be required to interact with students in a classroom or laboratory setting; assist with laboratory experiments and correctly score homework, lab assignments, quizzes and exams as requested by the supervising faculty/instructor.