Strategic Commodity Management Intern (Summer 2023)
About our group:
Supply Chain Commodity Management in Global Supply Chain organization providing strategic supply chain support for Enterprise Data System and Seagate Research Group.
- CMT Team members are located in many countries around the world.
- The CMT is responsible for working cross-functionally to support supply base activities, and enable, produce, procure, and deliver cost competitive components and sub-assemblies for products from concept through end of product life.
About the role - you will:
- This position has responsibilities related to supply chain and supply sourcing strategy and planning, and support activities involving products for automobile application, sometimes participating in design review discussions on online conference calls.
- Establish and maintain a database and prepare communication packages
- Document the supply base for specific programs, analyze data including suppliers’ finances, manage specific business costs, perform calculations related to the supply base and components based on designs and manufacturing processes, and optimize business processes.
- This position will exist within an environment in which to grow professionally, and to learn about the complexities of a large company.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations, Marketing, Leadership, or any other related discipline.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, as well as familiarity with MS Team and/or Zoom for online communication
- Self-motivated individual who is organized and exhibits analytical processing skills
- Be able to execute tasks in a timely manner
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Be a team player on a dynamic global team
- This position will typically involve an 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, work schedule. This is negotiable as there may be global conference calls both before or after the typical work schedule.
Your experience includes:
- Experience or coursework in Operations, Supply Chain, and/or Data Analytics
- Ability to build relationships and effectively work with and influence cross-functional teams
Location: Longmont, CO
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Colorado's 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base hourly range for this position: $20 – $28. The actual range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job, year in school, and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, short and long-term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.