Information Security Intern
Information Security Internship (multiple positions available)
Location: Westfield Center, OH, hybrid schedule or Remote
The Information Security internship is designed to enable learning and personal development for those that have a passion to pursue a career in Information Security. In addition, this opportunity will provide exposure to a variety of security disciplines and technologies.
Security Operations Intern: Assist the Security Operations Center (SOC) by learning and leveraging various security technologies (e.g., SIEM, IPS) for the purpose of detecting and responding to potential cyber-attacks and/or other anomalous network activity. Perform security incident triage, to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact. Assist with optimizing the SOC using security orchestration automation and response (SOAR) methods and technology. Work on various information security projects and initiatives.
Threat & Vulnerability Management Intern: Assist the Threat and Vulnerability Management (TVM) team by driving security vulnerability identification, assessment/rating, and remediation using vulnerability scanning and management technologies/procedures. Actively research & report against emerging indicators of compromise, cyber-attacks, exploits, and vulnerabilities through threat modeling methods and cyber intelligence sources. Work on various information security projects and initiatives.
Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) Intern: Work within the corporate-wide Information Security GRC program, assessing IT and cybersecurity risks and identifying emerging cybersecurity threats. Partner with Information Technology, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Legal, Human Resources and Procurement to ensure appropriate controls are in place to minimize risk and ensure compliance with Information Security Policy, Standards and Controls, NIST CSF, CIS, and data privacy regulations. Support the vendor security risk management program by performing third-party security assessments. Performs risk assessments and gap analysis, to assist with development of a Risk Register. Work on various information security projects and initiatives.
1. Actively pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree with a related field of study (e.g., Computer Science, IT, Cyber-Security).
2. Fundamental understanding of cybersecurity concepts.
3. Basic level Python programming skills.
4. Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills, with a proven ability to think outside the box.
5. Customer service-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
6. Must thrive within a team environment as well as on an individual basis.
7. Passion for all things related to information technology and cybersecurity.
8. Natural curiosity and ability to learn new skills quickly.
9. Innovative mindset and driven to contribute to a team providing a best-in-class cybersecurity service.
10. Proven ability to collaborate and work with a team.
11. Demonstrated solid oral, written and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
12. Demonstrated organization skills.
13. Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
14. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to work effectively in an office environment, weekly (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Depending on assigned department, physical requirements may vary in severity.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.