Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Materials Science
Be a part of the legacy: Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program
Our Research Laboratories’ Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program aims to be a best-in-industry program for industrial postdoctoral researchers, designed to provide you with an academic focus in a commercial environment. With the resources, reach, and expertise of a large pharmaceutical company, postdoctoral researchers will be positioned to excel in an institution committed to breakthrough innovation in research and discovery.
As a postdoctoral fellow in the Analytical Enabling Technologies’ Materials and Biophysical Characterization (MBC) team, you will have a unique opportunity to make an impact in solving critical challenges in pharmaceutical drug product formulation development. You will engage in cutting edge innovative research towards materials science understanding and characterization on amorphous solid dispersions, drug-excipient interactions, film coating materials chemistry, manufacturing process aspects, and film coating material effect during formulation development. You will work with a highly collaborative team of scientists within our Analytical Research & Development department, using state-of-the-art equipment that includes a range of analytical characterization techniques including spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction, imaging, thermal analysis, rheology, dynamic mechanical analysis, and several formulation development techniques such as spray drying and electrospinning. You will be collaborating with formulation, analytical, and process chemistry colleagues to contribute towards impactful mechanistic understanding on pharmaceutical drug products.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, implement and execute experiments.
- Data interpretation, model building, presentation, and publication of results.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary, cross-functional team.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- PhD, or will you have completed your PhD within the next year, in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Materials Science, Polymer Science, or a related field.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Strong record of scientific excellence evidenced by publications and presentations.
- A proven ability to conduct independent research.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Preparation and characterization of amorphous solid dispersions and pharmaceutical solid dosage formulations.
- Experience in a range of characterization techniques including thermal analysis, SEM, chemical imaging, X-ray diffraction, NMR, dynamic mechanical analysis, AFM, chemometrics and spectroscopy.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.