Winter Accounting Internship 2024
Our Winter Internship Program is an outstanding hands on opportunity that will provide experience with a public accounting firm. The 2024 Winter Internship Program begins on January 8, 2024 and is scheduled to end on April 15, 2024. Each intern will work closely with members of the assigned office and will be assigned to a manager that will provide guidance and support. You will be introduced to all facets of a public accounting firm including assurance, audit, and tax. Show your value and gain exposure to a diverse client base by partnering with our team of talented staff accountants.
- Reviewing and analyzing financial data for businesses in a variety of industries including manufacturing, construction, healthcare, and not for profit
- Assisting and learning to audit the financial data of our clients to determine the reasonableness and accuracy of the information
- Performing substantive testing in the areas of cash, accounts payable, accounts receivables, inventory, etc.
- Analytical review of reports and confidential client information
- Preparing federal, state, and local tax returns for individuals and corporations and assisting with tax planning and projections
- Researching tax and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Assisting with miscellaneous tax, assurance, bookkeeping, or consulting projects on an as-needed basis
- Current student majoring in Accounting
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong verbal, written communication, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently on tasks and projects, while also collaborating with peers in a team-oriented environment
- 40 hour work week during the internship; overtime opportunities are available based on business and office needs