SUMMARY: A Project Manager’s primary responsibilities are to fulfill all aspects of the project after a purchase order has been received, ensuring that the company delivers a product that meets the client’s expectations, is of the highest quality and is delivered on time and within budget. This involves serving as the main point of contact for all communications – e.g. directing and coordinating tasks with estimating, sales, detailing, engineering, operations, logistics, installers, etc. A Project Manager is to provide customer service and promote the company brand. A Project Manager must seek out and fully understand the client’s expectations and identify and act upon change order opportunities. A Project Manager will establish schedules for the project’s lifecycle, delegate and set priorities for supporting staff, and provide operations with all needed product parameters and material processing instructions. Overall, a Project Manager will fulfill a critical role in ensuring a smooth and profitable project for the company and a successful solution for the client.
This job description does not describe all activities, duties, responsibilities or physical demands that are required of the employee for this job. Likewise, the work environment described is merely representative. Duties, responsibilities, activities, physical demands and work environment may change at any time, with or without notice.
- Utilize knowledge of various manufacturing machinery and processes, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to ensure company drawings adhere to project specific requirements.
- Determine dimensions, material to be used, and other information necessary to make detailed drawing clear and complete.
- Effectively communicate this information to detailers.
- Develop bills of material, material take-offs, tolerance and dimensioning of products, welding and manufacturing symbols, and other requirements to produce product.
- Develop and maintain determined schedule per the purchase order amount and project requirements.
- Determine strategic alternatives in conjunction with sales and production to maximize and increase the profit margin.
- Plan and implement all project activities including, but not limited to project design, detailing, engineering review, outside inspectors and production, outside services, finish and shipping per the terms of the executed purchase order.
- Review and recommend approval of contracts, change orders and cost estimates to the account manager, which would include involvement and knowledge of pricing.
- Adhere to department policies and procedures for detailing, estimating and engineering drawings.
- Direct, review and approve product design changes.
- Recommend changes to the product which would improve cost, delivery, and quality for the customer.
- Participates in overall product strategy, development, and manufacturing coordination for new, existing, and emerging products.
- Review full project scope and coordinate/troubleshoot all aspects of the project with production, sales, detailing, outside vendors, customer, and logistics to ensure timely completion of work.
- Oversee all packaging and shipping requirements, including, but not limited to truckload planning and coordination of crate design, to ensure safe delivery of material to the job site.
- Coordinate delivery with sales.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervision.
- An Associate's degree in relevant drafting/design course of study is required.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), AutoCAD 2012, and experience with database applications such as MRP/ERP systems.
- The ideal candidate will be strategic in orientation, proactive, persistent, and able to handle multiple projects and/or customers simultaneously, be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong desire to learn new products and a positive attitude towards change is also required.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant course of study with several years of experience in fabrication and design is preferred.
- Previous project management experience is helpful and would be preferred.
EEO STATEMENT: Ohio Gratings, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state, or federal laws.