At Biogen, our mission is clear - we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Together, our employees create, commercialize, and manufacture transformative therapies for our patient population.
We at Biogen are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve. We are focused on strengthening our foundation to advance our overall Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and, most importantly, ensure all our employees feel included.
As an intern or co-op at Biogen, you can expect to be placed on a real project, under the guidance of experienced professionals and subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic growth. We also ensure that you have plenty of opportunities to build your network, learn more about our organization through weekly lunch and learns led by leaders from across the company, and join us for several fun events.
This application is for a 12-week internship role from June - August 2023. Resume review begins in January 2023.
In Oligonucleotide Synthesis Manufacturing, our goal is to create therapeutics that target genetic and familial forms of neurological disorders using large-scale chemical synthesis. We are a small, agile team that changes to meet the demand of this growing modality. We strive to foster an inclusive and welcoming environment where we have the opportunity to profoundly change the lives of patients.
Detailed description of role including but not limited to:
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Manufacturing Experience
- Leading projects outside of manufacturing to support process improvement
- Daily Manufacturing Coordination such as Data Management, Manufacturing Support and Continuous Improvements, Equipment Coordination.
Example projects may include:
- Supporting Validation of CIP Skid in Washroom
- Working with support groups like Manufacturing Technical Operations, Process Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Validation to meet production demands
- Support Manufacturing Coordination group with data entry as needed
- Time Study and washroom efficiency
- Safety-first mindset with great communication skills
- Interested in a hands-on experience in a GMP facility
- Able to speak one’s mind and not be afraid to challenge the status quo
- Attention to detail
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
Rising Junior or Senior in a STEM major
Research Triangle Park, NC