Civil Engineering Intern (Durango, CO)
Note: By applying to this position, your application is automatically submitted to our Summer Internship Program openings in over 150 locations throughout the U.S
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated and diverse Civil Engineering Interns for our Summer 2023 intern program in our Durango, CO office. This is a paid full-time position. Anticipated duration will be from June through August 2023 (flexible). This position has the potential to transition into a Full-Time role upon graduation. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Project Managers and Team Leaders and partner with engineers, scientists, and technologists.
We encourage college seniors who are interested to apply. Those who complete the internship program can be considered for full-time opportunities upon graduation.
Our Civil Engineering Interns:
- Support various project tasks including regulatory requirements/reviews, cost estimates, research, procurement support, etc.
- Perform data entry, data management, data evaluation, and data presentation
- Support the preparation of reports, plans and specifications for client
- May work on field assignments as needed
- Will be supported by leaders, mentors and teammates
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as necessary
- This is a full-time, paid position
- Anticipated duration will be from June through August 2023 (flexible)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Pursuing Bachelor or Associate Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses solid technical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, detail orientated person
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Honest, fun, hard-working and ready to learn and grow
- Experience with engineering software applications (AutoCad, MathCad, ESRI, HydroCad, WaterCad, ARCView GIS, etc.) is preferred but not required
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation package dependent upon level of education, technical capabilities, and market conditions. A 401k plan with a company match is also available. For more information please visit our website at www.trccompanies.com
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, TRC Companies provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $20-25/hour.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.