Aerospace Design Engineer
East Hartford, Connecticut
job requisition id
Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company. As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their organization’s culture and requirements. Our industry focus includes aerospace and defence, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
Candidate will work with a multi-discipline Integrated Product Team [IPT] to establish design requirements and ensure designs are safe, durable, and meet the quality requirements of the P&W. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating & Manipulating aerospace solid models
- Inspection and repair markups, to provide guidance for structural analysis of the repairs.
- obtaining internal engineering approvals and coordination with the repair sources
- Assist in creating technical documents that will provide engineering requirements for designs and repairs.
- Familiarity with typical repair and manufacturing processes including welding, brazing, riveting, and coating processes including plasma spray a plus
- Interfacing and coordinating with multiple engineering disciplines to promote the exchange of necessary data in support if engine builds.
- Technical data review & interpretation
- Presenting design solutions to Pratt and Whitney Product Team
- Training/mentoring junior engineers to further grow design team
- Participate in multi-disciplinary meetings and discussions (Design, Structures, Project)
Preferred Experience and Skills
(on the job training will be provided for proprietary software and processes)
- Experience working with Pratt and Whitney Aerospace
- Microsoft office
- Teamcenter experience
- Experience with 3D CAD software - Solidworks, UG/ NX
- Reading technical prints
- P&W ESW Application
- Technical writing and documentation
- Strong communication and collaboration
- A working-knowledge of gas turbine engine operating theory
- Part stack-up analysis and fit checks
- Some design experience in any field of engineering is preferred
- BS in Engineering or Engineering Technology such as:
- Power Generation / Power Plants
Skills & Experience
3D Computer Aided Design (CAD), Computer-Aided Design (CAD), Design, Documentations, Gas Turbines, Siemens NX, SolidWorks, Technical Documents, Tolerance Analysis, Tolerance Stack UpsCyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.