Edison Rotational Program – Aviation Research & Development – Niskayuna, NY
Job Description Summary
Unlock your technology passion and kick start your career in the Aviation Research Edison Program. This early career rotational program is designed to grow your technical & leadership skills through challenging R&D assignments, formal training & education, and professional coaching & mentorship. In the Aviation Research Edison Program, you will collaborate with world-class researchers toward achieving our mission: to see, move, and create the future of flight.
Aviation Research will continue to play a vital role in supporting the industry through a historic recovery while shaping the future of flight. We invent the future of flight, lift people up and bring them home safely. Our commitment to lead the industry, to keep safe the flying public and the armed forces, and to lift up one another and our communities, remains our north star. Our purpose is what ties us to one another and gives meaning to our work.
The Aviation Research Edison Program will prepare you for an exciting career in technical research that will have real impact on the aerospace industry and customers around the world.
As a program member, you will:
• Work on at least 3 technical assignments over 2-3 years in a variety of disciplines.
• Grow your technical expertise in your chosen field and expand your skills in new areas.
• Collaborate with diverse teams to develop innovative technologies for the aviation industry
• Receive technical training, mentorship, and coaching from world-class technologists and experienced technical managers.
• Participate in leadership development training that enhances professional skills and impact.
• Share technical accomplishments internally and externally through presentations, written reports, and IP disclosures.
Our Aviation Research Organization is organized in three (3) pillars of technical capabilities:
- Digital & Electrical Systems … including AI/ML & Computer Vision, Electronics and Electric Power, Autonomous Systems, Semiconductors, Advanced Controls & Embedded Computing, and Software, Analytics & Optimization.
- Materials & Manufacturing … including Advanced Manufacturing & Non-destructive Evaluation, Ceramics & Metallurgy, Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, Coatings, Materials Characterization, Material Mechanics, and Materials & Systems Modeling
- Aero-Thermal & Mechanical Systems .. including Aerodynamics, CFD/Methods, Combustion, Component Heat Transfer & Thermal Management, Mechanical Design, Probabilistic Design & Materials Informatics, and Structures & Analysis.
• Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, or related STEM discipline.
• Relocation to Niskayuna, NY; this position is based in the GE Research office in Niskayuna, NY.
• Permanent legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Rotations in the Edison Program may require an individual to obtain active US Government Secret Clearance with ability to attain a Top-Secret Clearance; prerequisite for a security clearance is U.S. citizenship.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Prior intern, co-op, or research experience.
• Passion for technology and engineering research and commitment to technical excellence.
• Analytical and creative approach to problem solving.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to community involvement.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse teams.
• High level of adaptability and passion for learning.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com