Part-Time Patient Services Coordinator
Patient Services Coordinator
Supervisor Patient Services
The Patient Services Coordinator greets, provides information, and responds to the needs of patients, families, staff, and other visitors at the check-in/out desk including appointment check-in and out, registration, authorization/verification of insurance(s), explanation of benefits; collection of co-pays, assistance with way finding, or other services or resources for a program specific multi-discipline department. Interacts in a customer focused manner. Provides office support for all staff and physicians. Works cooperatively with other departments, staff and leadership to assure a quality customer service experience.
- Greet, provide information, and respond to the needs of patients, families, staff, and other visitors at the check-in/out desk. Triage inquiries that arise during or after each patient/visitor/staff encounter. Escort and/or direct patients and other parties to other service areas or locations.
- Review all patient pertinent documentation according to internal policy and regulation as applicable in order to assure that the service being provided has been appropriately documented and meets all known payer medical necessity and other criteria.
- Accurately collect and analyze all required demographic, insurance/financial, and clinical data elements necessary to pre-register and register all types of patients. Accurately record and electronically enter the information on a timely basis into EMR to include assigning a medical record number to new patients. Accurately prepare and distribute all required registration forms to other internal parties as appropriate and on a timely basis.
- Secure and witness all required signatures according to internal policy and regulation, as applicable with explanation of documents per department standards, including consent to treat, assignment of insurance benefits, Release of Information, and financial responsibility. Forward appropriate documents/information to the Business Office to support billing and collections and other departments as needed.
- Update patient insurance records upon notification of health plan change.
- Collect any expected charge for service provided and complete timely posting of cash collections, accepting and generating appropriate receipts for monies and credit card payments received.
- Perform all other appropriate activities as directed and as necessary to meet the patient’s needs and to achieve expected departmental and organizational outcomes. Provide various other responsibilities as delegated by Supervisor.
- Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy.
- Must be able to learn and understand EMR systems and Clinic Processes.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite and/or other related software.
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
- Ability to perform in a high paced environment with a positive attitude and interact with professional staff in an appropriate manner.
- Must have excellent attention to detail with the ability to quickly learn and retain a large amount of specific protocols and processes.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Experience in healthcare setting or related job duties, preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.