Applications Engineering Intern
As an intern at Synopsys, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience while working alongside industry professionals. You will build and refine skills relevant to your major and future career. The Synopsys intern program emphasizes integrating our interns, allowing you to work hand-in hand with mentors and colleagues on your team. Your contributions will be invaluable to the company and products, guaranteeing you a fulfilling internship that you can proudly bring back to your courses. This internship is Full Time (40 hours/week) and will ideally start in May or June 2023 and last for the duration of 3 months.
What you’ll learn and do:
- Generate minimum input stimuli for maximum coverage for a 16-port input FIFO to 16-port output FIFO design. The coverage metrics should be balanced across all the ports and balanced for depth across all the ports. Use machine learning algorithms to establish the relationship between the input stimuli and various coverage metrics (such a coverpoints, coverbins, code coverage). These algorithms should auto generate the stimulus to hit their respective coverage goals and should be scalable if the configuration of the design is varied (for eg. 32-ports instead of 16-ports).
- Additionally write scripts which can launch VCS simulations, compile the coverage results using URG reporting and back annotate the coverage using Verdi Planner.
- Verification and Design Experience (or coursework): SystemVerilog or Verilog (Intermediate)
- Code and Functional Coverage (Beginner)
- Object oriented programming experience/coursework (Beginner)
- Shell/Makefile/Python/other scripting language experience.
- Debugging and problem-solving skills.
- All interns must be currently enrolled in an accredited educational institution. Seeking students pursing BS/BA; MS.
The base salary range across the U.S. for this role is between $24.00 - $48.00/hr. Synopsys offers comprehensive health, wellness, and financial benefits as part of a of a competitive total rewards package. The actual compensation offered will be based on a number of job-related factors, including location, skills, experience, and education. Your recruiter can share more specific details on the total rewards package upon request.
Our Silicon Design & Verification business is all about building high-performance silicon chips—faster. We’re the world’s leading provider of solutions for designing and verifying advanced silicon chips. And we design the next-generation processes and models needed to manufacture those chips. We enable our customers to optimize chips for power, cost, and performance—eliminating months off their project schedules.
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Stay Connected: Join our Talent Community
Synopsys has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.