Intern - Civil Engineering (Portland, Oregon)
Kimley-Horn is looking for Engineering students to join our Portland, Oregon (OR) office!
- Utilize technical software programs on a regular basis to analyze, produce, and QC deliverables for our clients.
- Contribute to the pre-construction civil engineering design, planning, modification, permitting, and analysis for multiple projects ranging in size and scope.
- Solve complex problems, assist project managers, and collaborate across disciplines to produce our clients’ visions for the future built environment.
- Develop familiarity with the federal, state, and local regulations, as well as Kimley-Horn’s and our client’s practices, procedures, and standards.
- Interns will learn one or more software programs specific to their disciplines: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Excel, Microstation, VISSIM, Open Roads, Synchro and/or GIS.
At Kimley-Horn, we do things differently. People, clients and employees, are at the forefront of who we are. Clients know we prioritize achieving their goals and growing their success. Employees know our culture and approach to business are built on a desire to provide an environment for everyone to flourish. Our commitment to quality is only as good as the people behind it— that’s why we welcome and develop passionate, hardworking, and proactive employees. We take pride in how our employee retention, robust benefits package, and company values have led to Kimley-Horn’s placement on the Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work” list for 15 years!
- In the process of receiving an ABET accredited engineering degree (Bachelors or Masters) in one of the following majors:
- Civil and/or Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical, Electrical, Biological, Biosystems, Chemical, or Agricultural Engineering
- Engineering Technology
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.