Structural Engineering Intern (Available June 2023)
Join us to Shape a better world!
Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, advisors and experts working globally. Founded to be humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology, and rigor to shape a better world
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Create solutions to build environment challenges using the art and science of structural engineering
- Design structural systems and perform structural analysis within a team of engineers
- Deliver structural engineering drawings, calculations, reports, sketches and presentations
- Collaborate with internal and external parties
- Attend meetings and learn from listening, asking questions and discussion.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary design team to develop sustainable solutions
- Learn and implement software and technology skills to perform structural analysis, design, and documentation
- Continually develop new skills and experience through Arup University, Arup Structural Skills Network, and on-the-job learning
- Learn and understand local and international codes and regulations
- Pursuing a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering or related fields focused on structural engineering
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
- Coursework in structural analysis, advanced steel design and advanced reinforced concrete design
- Professional demeaner
- Skills in planning and organizing
- Ability to perform in a deadline environment
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, and eagerness to learn.
- The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Coursework in structural dynamics, timber design, earthquake engineering
- FE/ EIT certification
- Structural software skills, Revit skills, 3D modeling skills (Rhino, SketchUp, etc.), coding skills (MySQL, Python, etc) , AutoCAD skills
- Past internship with a design firm or extracurricular activity in the field
- History of technical presentations and technical writing
- Personal engagement in an academic, volunteer or extracurricular field
- Ability to visually communicate through a variety of media
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day. Notable projects from our office include:
- El Paso Children’s Museum
- T4 at JFK
- American Museum of Natural History Gilder Center
SF Hiring Range: The good faith base salary hiring range for this job performed in San Francisco, California is $26.00 to $37.00 per hour. Please note hiring ranges for candidates performing work outside of San Francisco, California will differ.
Arup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of national origin, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.