Structural Engineering Associate (St. Charles)
We are currently seeking a Structural Engineering Associate for the Infrastructure-Transportation Practice in St. Charles, Illinois!
The position will assist on a variety of conventional and design-build projects that combine innovative roadway design with a strong knowledge of technical standards to exceed client expectations and provide cost-effective solutions. This is an amazing opportunity to gain hands-on experience and a better understanding of the growing Transportation Engineering industry.
- Coordinate with a multi-disciplinary team to assist with the design of structural components for roadways, intersections, and interchanges. This includes bridges, retaining walls, culverts, and sign structures.
- Prepare plans, designs, specifications, and cost estimates
- Gather and provide data for the preparation of engineering reports and studies
- Perform and review design calculations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or other related specialization from an accredited university
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as an intermediate level of technical writing and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail
- Basic CAD experience (AutoCAD, Microstation, etc)
- Engineer Intern (EI/EIT) licensure
- Experience modeling in 3D utilizing Bentley OpenBridge
- Experience or coursework pertaining to the design of concrete or steel structures
- Experience or exposure to IDOT and/or Illinois Tollway plans preparation and design standards