Protiviti Technology Consulting Intern - 2024
Are You Ready to Live Something Different with Protiviti?
The Protiviti Career provides opportunity to learn, inspire, and advance within a collaborative and diverse culture. We hire curious individuals for whom learning is a passion. Together, we focus on our mission of delivering confidence in a dynamic world – and the world has perhaps never been more dynamic.
At every level, we champion leaders who live our values of integrity, inclusion, innovation and commitment to success. Imagining our work as a journey, we believe integrity guides our way, inclusion moves us forward together, and innovation creates new destinations. Are you inspired to make a difference?
You’ve come to the right place.
Technology Consulting Interns work with Protiviti’s clients, who are typically among the world’s leading companies. As an intern, you collaborate with the team to deliver client solutions for complex business problems that these organizations face. Experience tells us that our future leaders need to be both knowledgeable and deep in an area of expertise, but versatile having a broad range of capabilities and skill sets to solve today’s complex business problems. That’s why we focus on developing interns across our business, so you gain experience in different industries, grow your technical capabilities, and gain leadership qualities that will ensure your future success.
Our culture is grounded in empowerment, teamwork, and problem-solving. At all career levels, we encourage innovation, seeking your ideas and insights. Our people care about one another; they coach and guide; and they help each member of our team be their very best.
When you join our team, you will participate in a Liftoff with Protiviti, our award-winning onboarding live-virtual experience with gamification embedded in the delivery. You will also attend The Intern Challenge, an experiential learning course that will help you transition successfully into your role as an intern.
Protiviti’s internship is an innovative experience designed to take you on a journey to immerse you in our unique business and culture. Through our internship, you may work across a variety of industries and engage in internal initiatives, all of which will fuel your curiosity, uncover hidden strengths, and prepare you for your career. You will gain a preview of Protiviti’s Foundations, our innovative entry-level full-time career opportunity, which is structured to shape your experiences and learning that will generally give you experiences in business operations, consulting, data, relationship building, technology, and innovation.
With each project, you receive hands-on training in a nurturing environment and interact with leaders across our practice. Talent Managers will assign specific project experiences that support career growth, your skills, and the needs of the business. A network of advisors will help you navigate challenges and celebrate milestones. There are opportunities to join committees, participate in employee network groups, enjoy social, civic, and networking activities, to aid in building meaningful relationships across the firm and in the community.
Technology Consulting Interns are hired into one of the six specific solution segments, including:
- Business Application Solutions: Supports organizations in transforming and optimizing their processes by delivering tailored technology application solutions to meet their needs. The Enterprise Application Solutions team provides a wholistic range of services within this space whether it be assisting organizations in understanding key business processes that will be impacted by their strategy, advising on application selection, providing implementation services, or ensuring security and compliance throughout solution delivery. This team has the expertise to support clients from end to end on their transformation journey.
- Enterprise Cloud: Works with business and technology stakeholders to help shape and modernize technology in the cloud. The cloud team focuses on providing robust offerings to help organizations build their cloud strategy plans and roadmap, implement and migrate to the cloud, and become more efficient and optimized using the cloud.
- Enterprise Data and Analytics: Works on the process of harnessing data (internal and external to the organization) to generate valuable insights that can drive the operations and strategy of an organization. There are various disciplines involved in Enterprise Data & Analytics, including: data source identification and analysis, data engineering, data visualization & data science/machine learning. The disciplines range from gathering and preparing the data for consumption, to consuming this data to diagnose issues, predict future outcomes and provide prescriptive solutions to challenges in the organization.
- Emerging Technologies Group: Covers a wide range of work including Internet of Things (IoT) penetration testing, intelligent automation, artificial intelligence/machine learning and quantum computing. This team specialize in conducting a variety of penetration testing approaches such as: hardware, web/mobile application, Bluetooth, and other RF technologies. The devices this segment have historically tested have been primarily medical devices/telecom/consumer product related; however, the rapid growth of IoT devices presents an opportunity to test several types of devices as they emerge.
- Security and Privacy: Helps organizations prevent theft or help protect sensitive data and assets. The Security and Privacy team builds partnerships by conducting risk assessments and technical testing, identifying security weaknesses in client systems, and providing strategic recommendations to deal with vulnerabilities and enhance overall cyber security posture. They help organizations prepare for and detect cyber-attacks or other crisis events; and take necessary corrective steps in real life situations.
- Software Services: Works in both advisory and development capacities for clients looking to build new solutions or improve their technology strategy. This team offer services in a variety of business solutions including custom developed business solutions, enterprise content management platforms, customer relationship management platforms, and risk technology platforms. The Protiviti Software Services segment are known as the “people on the ground” – our consultants are product managers, web developers, graphic artists, and programmers with a passion for technology and innovation.
- Technology Risk and Resilience: Works with business and technology stakeholders to enable competitive advantage by managing both technology risk and organizational resilience across the organization. We do this by promoting a cohesive culture that enables the building of cohesive and resilient business practices within a mature risk management program. The team is skilled in all phases of risk and resilience, from understanding global regulatory requirements and leading practices to designing and implementing right-sized capabilities throughout the business, technology/ cybersecurity, and third-party risk management lifecycles. This team is well-positioned to identify risks, translate those risks into actionable needs, and deploy skilled delivery teams to operationalize as needed.
- Technology Strategy and Architecture: Helps clients understand and improve how they use technology and how technology can enable them to meet their big picture strategies. The Technology Strategy and Architecture team works closely with all of the other technology related practices at Protiviti because we help their leadership plan and strategize. Our Transform Program Execution sub-segment team works with the Enterprise Application Solutions leaders when they are implementing a new tool and need assistance with project management for that implementation.
Meaningful onboarding. Impactful training. Foundational learning. These experiences define Protiviti’s award-winning internship – an experience that builds upon your skills and knowledge and enables you to thrive professionally.
- Degree: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Data Sciences, Decision Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, Internet of Things, Applied Math, Machine Learning, Quantum, or other technology majors)
- Visa Status: All applicants applying for U.S. job openings need authorization to work in the United States for Protiviti without sponsorship now or in the future
- Graduation Status: Must be within one year of final graduation at time of internship
- Technical Skills Desired of an entry-level Technology Consulting Consultant:
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and innovation to client engagements across various industries
- Specific skills below, prepare you better for specific Technology Consulting segments:
- Demonstrated ability and desire to research and analyze pertinent client, industry, and technical matters
- Basic experience with any of the major Business Intelligence reporting tools, such as Power BI, BusinessObjects, Hyperion, Cognos, Microstrategy, Tableau, QlikView, or SSRS
- Entry-level experience with domain management strategies, network segmentation, firewalls and middleware tools
- Introductory knowledge of internal control frameworks or knowledge of IT controls, with particular experience to understand IT and Business risks related to SAP
- Basic experience working within a Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, TeraData, or other major database management systems.
- Familiarity of technology project risks and strategies for managing and mitigating
- Basic Knowledge of security-related topics such as authentication, entitlements, identity management, data protection, data leakage prevention, validation checking, encryption, hashing, principle of least privilege, software attack methods, and data storage
- Fundamental knowledge of process reengineering and methodologies, including flowcharting and technical design documentation
- Ability to convey complex technical security concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
WHAT MAKES YOU SUCCESSFUL
- Strong academic background
- Working in teams, as well as independently
- Being creative and analytical
- Passionate about evaluating, synthesizing, organizing, and interpreting data and information
- Possessing excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-motivate and take responsibility for personal growth and development
- Desiring to learn and a receptiveness to feedback and mentoring
- Displaying an interest in technology, or business operations
- Drive towards obtaining professional technical certifications
ARE YOU ON BOARD WITH TRAVEL?
It is expected that you will reside within a reasonable daily commute of your assigned Protiviti home office by your start date. Protiviti employees work in a hybrid environment which means you will be required to work from a variety of locations including your Protiviti home office, an in-town and/or out-of-town client site, and/or from a remote location such as your residence. It is expected that you will be available to be physically present at the required work location and that you will have access to reliable transportation.
Protiviti (www.protiviti.com) is a global consulting firm that delivers deep expertise, objective insights, a tailored approach, and unparalleled collaboration to help leaders confidently face the future. Protiviti and our independent and locally owned Member Firms provide clients with consulting and managed solutions in finance, technology, operations, data, digital, legal, governance, risk and internal audit through our network of more than 85 offices in over 25 countries.
Named to the 2023 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Protiviti has served more than 80 percent of Fortune 1000 and nearly 80 percent of Fortune Global 500 companies. The firm also works with smaller, growing companies, including those looking to go public, as well as with government agencies. Protiviti is a wholly owned subsidiary of Robert Half (NYSE: RHI). Founded in 1948, Robert Half is a member of the S&P 500 index.
Apply at www.protiviti.com/careers.
Note: Students may apply for only one location or solution. Duplicate applications will not be accepted. Applicants must be 18 years of age at the time of the internship to be considered.
Protiviti is not licensed or registered as a public accounting firm and does not issue opinions on financial statements or offer attestation services.
Protiviti’s Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP) provides additional incentive opportunities on top of their annualized salary for eligible employees. In addition to base and bonus pay, our people are eligible for medical, dental, and vision coverages, FSA and HSA healthcare accounts, life and accident insurance, adoption and fertility assistance, paid parental leave of up to 10 weeks, and short/long term disability. Protiviti provides paid Choice Time Off (CTO) for vacation, personal needs, and sick time. The amount of (CTO) our people receive varies based on their years of service. A new hire receives up to 20 days of CTO per calendar year. For every 3 years of service, our people receive an additional 3 days of CTO, up to a maximum of 30 days per year. Our people also receive up to 11 paid holidays each calendar year. We offer the opportunity to contribute to our company 401(k) savings and investment plan, with an employer match of 50% on the first 6% of your contributions for eligible employees. Learn more about the variety of rewards you are eligible for at https://www.protiviti.com/sites/default/files/2023-04/intern-benefit-highlights-brochure-0423-us-en-r1.pdf.
Protiviti is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Protiviti’s employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Protiviti is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to HRSolutions@roberthalf.com or call 1.855.744.6947 for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
For positions located in San Francisco, CA: Protiviti will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions located in Los Angeles, CA: Protiviti will consider for employment qualified Applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Protiviti is not registered to hire or employ personnel in the following states – West Virginia, Alaska.
Protiviti is not licensed or registered as a public accounting firm and does not issue opinions on financial statements or offer attestation services.