Center for Global Impact Program Associate, Elections
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The International Republican Institute’s Center for Global Impact (CGI) is designed to help IRI learn, innovate, and lead in global democratic development programming. Comprised of experts specializing in a range of technical areas and program staff who oversee global and cross-cutting initiatives, the Center leads the Institute’s efforts to contribute to thought leadership, respond to emerging global challenges and trends, facilitate global initiatives, and serve as an incubator for new ideas and cutting-edge approaches. The CGI Program Associate is an entry level position for program work at IRI and provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs.
In this position, the Program Associate will support the Center’s election integrity portfolio. The election integrity team provides technical assistance to country teams across IRI, implements global programs under the technical area of safeguarding electoral integrity, directly plans and executes international election observation missions (IEOM), and contributes to thought leadership - the Program Associate will play a vital role in successfully achieving these objectives.
- Current student in or recent graduate of an undergraduate or graduate program in Political Science, International Affairs, Conflict Studies, etc.
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of elections cycles and citizen and international election observation, with prior study in the topic area preferred.
- Previous experience with non-profits, domestic elections, voter education/outreach, political campaigns or community organizing preferred.
- Experience in database development preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Mastery of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively, complete tasks with minimal oversight, and communicate clearly and consistently in a virtual and/or hybrid work environment.
- Ability to travel internationally is required.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides general administrative support to grant management and related projects including supporting the development and tracking of work plans and budgets, monitoring deadlines and deliverables, and other relevant project-related elements.
- Provides domestic and international logistical support for meetings and events including logistical arrangements and travel in support of international election observation and other related projects as needed.
- Develops, tracks and follows-up on procurements, approvals and monitoring once approved.
- Supports the development of budget trackers and consults with accounting staff to manage and update project budget pipelines based on expected and planned expenses as needed.
- Drafts quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for funders as needed.
- Compiles and facilitates submission of contract packages.
- Supports the development of procurement solicitations and compiles submitted materials to facilitate the procurement evaluation process.
- Maintains project site and documents on SharePoint and related project portals.
- Liaises with vendors and contractors to support project goals and deliverables and serves as main point of contact as needed.
- Supports CGI’s communication strategy including branding and outreach plans on projects assigned, including drafting, and updating program summaries and other outreach materials, drafts web stories, tweets, etc.
- Supports other staff in CGI to reach programmatic objectives and deliverables.
- Performs other duties as assigned.