Intern-Business Analysis (PMO)
Project Management Office (PMO) Intern
The Maximus Texas Enrollment Broker Project is interested in hiring interns with backgrounds, skill sets, and career interests that align in the areas of quality assurance, reporting, research, and analysis to identify and recommend process improvements. Interns hired could work on one or more of the following projects that they are interested in and gain experience working with the Texas Medicaid and CHIP Enrollment Broker project.
1. Assisting the Maximus Texas Enrollment Broker project with process improvement projects. The intern will work with the Quality Assurance Supervisor and other stakeholders on a project to identify and provide recommendations for streamlining and enhancing the way in which QA data is reported. Project tasks could include researching and analyzing various QA reports to identify and propose a recommended solution for modifying the structure used for reporting QA data. The intern will be exposed to the details of quality assurance data which includes audit findings of various Operational areas of Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) programs with the State of Texas.
2. Assisting the Maximus Texas Enrollment Broker project with tracking and managing project goals and internal initiatives. The intern will work with various managers to obtain project goals and initiatives to provide recommendations for how goals and initiatives should be tracked. The intern will be exposed to working with individuals that hold positions in various levels of leadership as well as other Texas Enrollment Broker Project stakeholders.
3. Assisting the Maximus Texas Enrollment Broker Project with helping to document the process for tracking and managing the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Rules, HHSC policies and updates to the TAC rules and HHSC policies which impact the Texas Enrollment Broker Project contract documents or deliverables. The intern will work with the Contracts Administration Team to gather information on procedures to formalize a process document. This could include performing research on contracts processes, HHSC TAC rules and contract requirements, and meeting with Contract Administration Team members to assist with the development of a process document that details the procedures used for tracking and managing the various TAC rules and HHSC policies that apply to the Texas Enrollment Broker project.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Student currently enrolled in a bachelor’s program with a background or interest in business administration, health policy, public health, or related field – Must have completed a minimum of 2-3 years of course work
• Strong skills in the MS Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
• Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; and the ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
• Ability to work well and accept direction from different Managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide data analysis support to project and operations management.
- Perform routine administrative functions.
- Assist in special projects across various operational departments.
- Work on assignments that are moderately difficult and escalate issues to management.
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing a college degree in a related field.
- Must have completed a minimum of 2 years of coursework.
- Skilled in standard computer applications and platforms such as Outlook and MS Office Suite, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication, teamwork, and customer service skills.