Food Justice Volunteer / Intern
Our mission at The Food Group is fighting hunger and nourishing our community, working across the continuum — growing, harvesting, buying and distributing healthy foods. We break down barriers, so everyone has access to nutritious foods--building strong, thriving communities.
We have multiple volunteer or internship opportunities that focus on different parts of the food system:
- Sort and pack grocery items for our Fare for All sales (a part of our Affordable Grocery program) and food shelf partners. At our New Hope warehouse.
Fare for All
- Help Affordable Grocery customers choose their purchases and load food into carts or cars at an indoor or outdoor sale in your community. At various locations across the metro area.
Twin Cities Mobile Market
- Help with check out and assist customers at our grocery store on a bus that brings healthy low-cost groceries to neighborhoods that don’t have easy access to full-service grocery stores. At various locations across the Twin Cities.
Gleaning/Food Rescue (Seasonal)
- Rescue quality vegetables and fruits from local farms and a farmers market that would otherwise go to waste. This fresh produce goes to local food shelves for free. At various farms and the Minneapolis Farmers Market.
Big River Farms
- Complete various farm tasks at our very own 150 acre organic farm. Located in Marine on the St. Croix.
Hours vary based on position. Time commitment per shift is anywhere between 1 and 8 hours.
Shifts are available Tuesday-Friday and seasonally on Sundays.
These are volunteer positions and are unpaid.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions or for more information. Visit our website to learn more.