Analog/RF Engineering Scientist R18581
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this position, you must be US citizen you must apply through the ARL Workday website.
Design and analysis of RF and analog circuits, antennas, and software. Modeling, simulation, research, and design of RF systems and subsystems in the Advanced Technology Laboratory (ATL).
- Work as a member of a development team for the design, integration, and testing of electromagnetic components for digital communication systems.
- Assessment, development, and design of RF circuits and antennas.
- Design and implementation of RF and networking software..
- Testing in both laboratory and field environments of RF elements and software in either partial subsystems or full system
- Development and testing of low and high power RF and analog circuits and subsystems for communications systems.
- Documentation of all components and subsystems developed.
- Assistance in preparing and giving presentations of results, designs, or other related aspects of system design to both internal and external project directors as requested by supervisor.
- Other related functions as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Physics or Electrical Engineering or other related discipline with an emphasis on electromagnetics, or microwaves, or antenna theory.
- Three years of related experience.
- Proficiency with RF test equipment (spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, etc.), and laboratory measurement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of antenna theory
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and test RF circuits including matching networks, duplexers, filters, amplifiers, and mixers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the RF spectrum and associated environmental effects.
Applicant must have a dynamic skill set, willing to work with new technologies, be highly organized and capable of planning and coordinating multiple tasks and managing their time. The position will require attention to detail, effective problem solving skills and excellent judgment. Ability to work independently with sensitive and confidential information, maintain a professional demeanor, work as a team member without daily supervision and effectively communicate with diverse groups of clients. Able to work under pressure and accept supervision. Regular and punctual attendance.
US Citizen. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the level appropriate to the project requirements of the position.
- Master's degree in Physics or Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on electromagnetics, or microwaves, or antenna theory.
- More than three years of related experience.
- Practical experience with antenna design across a range of topologies.
- Signal processing experience including sampling theory, equalizers, modulators/demodulators, and forward error correction.
- Experience with software defined radio.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0.
An agency designated by the federal government handles the investigation as to the requirement for eligibility for access to classified information. Factors considered during this investigation include but are not limited to allegiance to the United States, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, drug involvement, the likelihood of continuation of such conduct, etc.
Please mark "yes" on the application question that asks if additional materials are required. Failure to attach all additional materials listed below may result in a delay in application processing.
Visit our website (www.arlut.utexas.edu) for additional information about Applied Research Laboratories.
UT Austin offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
· 100% employer-paid basic medical coverage
· Retirement contributions
· Paid vacation and sick time
· Paid holidays
Please visit our Human Resources (HR) website to learn more about the total benefits offered.
$93,000 - $175,000
- Standard office conditions
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation
- Use of manual dexterity
- Some weekend, evening and holiday work
- Possible interstate/intrastate travel
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
- Unofficial college transcripts