Work Location: 3545 Whitehall Park Drive Suite 425 Charlotte, NC 28273
Employment Type: Full-time regular
Seeking an ambitious and talented structural/architectural drafting technician. The Technician assists the project manager, architect, and/or engineer in the planning, scheduling, and coordination of technical support for projects. This primarily entails preparation of Revit models and AutoCAD drawings, but can also include shop drawing review, field data collection, and other support functions.
- Develop 3D models in Autodesk Revit.
- Prepare project drawings and construction documents in Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD for both new design and restoration projects.
- Coordinate drawings with both internal and external clients.
- Assist in parking striping and signage layout.
- Assist in shop drawing review.
- Assists with field evaluation and punch list site visits.
- 2 year or 4 year degree in Engineering Technology, Architectural Technology, Building Construction Technology, Computer Aided Drafting, or similar.
- Candidate should have experience in construction document production and be proficient in AutoCAD and Revit.
- 3-5 years of technical support preferred.
- Candidates with in-depth understanding of structural concrete or architectural design fundamentals preferred.
- Good communication, writing skills, and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Benefits of Joining Walker
As a skilled member of the Walker family, you will be given the opportunity to grow and develop your skills surrounded by committed, talented and enthusiastic co-workers. In addition to competitive compensation, as a full-time employee, Walker offers vacation retreats, tuition and licensure reimbursement, 401(k) match and HSA employer contribution, commuter benefit accounts, medical, dental, vision insurance, and more!
Who We Are
Walker is a 100% employee-owned company of many capabilities offering professional services to clients in the private and public market sectors. Walker maintains a strong foundation as an industry leader in all aspects of parking planning, design, engineering, restoration and consulting that encompass operations, technology, and mobility solutions engaging a wide spectrum of specialists and renowned experts who have been advancing standards in the industry for several decades.
However, our abilities reach far beyond just parking and include highly experienced advisors in forensics who provide investigative assessments, creative repair solutions, and litigation support on all types of facilities around the world impacted by natural events as well as design or construction defects.
Additionally, we are among the largest providers of restoration and building envelope services in the industry. The combination of our structural engineering design excellence, building science experts, and vast geographic presence makes Walker the first choice for these services throughout the country.
Walker Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We invite all qualified applicants to apply and do not discriminate against individuals because of their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or age.