Associate Scientist I, Small Molecule
WuXi AppTec is a leading global pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and medical device open-access capability and technology platform with global operations. As an innovation-driven and customer-focused platform, WuXi AppTec Group provides a broad and integrated portfolio of services to help our worldwide customers and partners shorten the discovery and development time and lower the cost of drug and medical device R&D through cost-effective and efficient solutions.
At our Laboratory Testing Division, we provide a world class, globally integrated testing solution for drug development and medical device innovation. We enable scientists to transform ideas into the best healthcare products, accelerate the race from bench to bedside, and ultimately improve human life.
Our New Jersey site specializes in small molecule bioanalytical, drug metabolism, and pharmacokinetic services to the pharmaceutical, animal health and agrochemical industries. We are seeking an Associate Scientist I within our Bioanalytical Group located in Plainsboro, NJ.
Job Summary: The Associate Scientist I will be primarily responsible for the bioanalysis of samples at WuXi AppTec and will follow validated or experimental bioanalytical procedures, to perform assays and support pharmaceutical product development, testing and evaluation in a GLP regulatory laboratory environment. The employee will use state-of-the-art technologies/techniques to perform top-quality sample analysis and testing for key pharmaceutical and biotech clients across the industry.
Essential Job Functions:
- Under regular close supervision, individual performs routine laboratory techniques.
- Receives specific instructions on assigned task and expected results.
- Maintains research notebooks in a well-organized manner. All necessary documentation is recorded.
- Complies with all safety rules, practices good housekeeping, and maintains safe workplace without supervision.
- Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and EPA, FDA, or other regulation pertaining to the study.
- Perform routine calculations, tabulates, and records results.
- Prepares standard solutions used in the laboratory.
- Maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment.
- Assumes responsibility for technical accuracy of work.
- Learns and enhances technical knowledge of bioanalytical assays.
- Other duties as assigned but not limited to including preparing study files for archiving and scanning notebooks, and participate in the reconciliation of study samples
- Follows company’s safety policies, practices and procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment.
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s or Associate's degree in chemistry, biology, or a related discipline
- 0-2 years of relevant experience, or equivalent
- Any similar combination of education and/or work equivalent experience
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to follow instruction to perform required procedures
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within biological or chemical R&D laboratory setting
- Well organized, detail oriented, and adaptable to changes
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Computer skills: knowledge of internet research, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Good time management skill in order to perform of multiple projects within deadlines
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Familiarity with and adherence to regulatory guidelines consistent with company requirements
- Must be able to work in an office environment with typical noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to Animals/biohazards / Chemicals
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
- Must be able to stand/sit/walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to Lift up to 20 lbs routinely
- Must be able to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
- Must be able to push/pull up to 20 lbs routinely/ often / occasionally
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.