We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Modelling Centre of Excellence team. Located within the Research division and with a global presence this is a multi-disciplinary team that is tasked with the design and development of our cutting-edge modelling solutions used both by the internal research teams in all commodity sectors as well as by clients.
Join us if you are interested in developing products based on complex mathematical models to simulate and predict the behaviour of global energy and resource markets. This will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help our clients make smarter decisions with even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing data analysis, and building high quality prediction and simulation systems integrated with a cloud-based data platform and analytical products.
The role requires coding skills, ability to develop good quality and well tested modelling packages. The role will require to be able to effectively manipulate data, design ETL processes, develop models and deploying them within internal analytical products as well as directly to client solutions.
- Build statistical forecasting models for energy demand
- Extract, transform and load data from a multitude of sources
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytics systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Support usage of deployed models internally and externally. Troubleshoot as required.
- Develop mathematical modelling packages that represent complex behaviours observed in the global energy markets
- Integrate solutions within analytical products