Accounting Specialist II
Jefferson County’s Highway Department works diligently to keep our roads safe by upgrading, repairing, and maintaining 390 lane-miles of State Highways (100 lane-miles are located on Interstate Highway 94), 521 lane-miles of County Trunk Highways, and various Town Highways as requested.
The Highway Department seeks a detail oriented and organized Accounting Specialist to perform accounting and payroll tasks. To be successful in this position, you will be focusing on the below responsibilities:
· Maintains electronic payroll system to ensure time, machinery, and materials are accurately accounted for in the Highway cost accounting system
· Monitor time off balances to ensure accuracy
· Reviews, monitors, and prepares department invoices, vouchers, and receipts before payment; assigns and verifies account numbers for accuracy; obtains vendor and account numbers as needed
· Creates Purchase Orders following the County’s Purchasing Ordinance
· Prepares journal entries and vouchers and enters information into database; prepares and adjusts financial statements based on expense and revenue account activities; prepares month end entries to appropriately capture time and expense
· Maintains inventory accounts by receipting in and charging out inventory. Assists in year-end inventory count and corresponding journal entries.
· Performs other duties as assigned or that may develop
Starting wage: $21.85-28.11/hour based on demonstrated and relevant experience; 40 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for our excellent benefit package with details at the below link
· Two to three years related experience and/or Associate’s degree and one year experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Four years related experience and/or training; or a bachelor’s degree from a college or university plus one year of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applications will be accepted, as long as, position is posted, however, initial screening of applicants will begin: December 15, 2022
Application and position details are available at www.jeffersoncountywi.gov or
Jefferson County Human Resources: 311 S. Center Ave. Room 111, Jefferson, WI 53549.
Jefferson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer