Computer Science / Electrical Engineering Intern - Summer 2023
Why join us?
We are hiring! Atkins is seeking a Computer Science / Electrical Engineering Intern to join our Tallahassee, FL office.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
The Atkins Internship Program is designed for college students pursuing a degree in a STEM field and provides opportunities to learn what it’s like to work in a professional environment and apply what’s learned in class to the real-world challenges we face every day.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provide administrative and operations support.
- Be responsible for the compilation of data and the preparation of reports.
- Coordinates operation within organization unit to ensure consistency with policies and procedures.
- Must have good computer skills and be able to utilize standard office software.
- Provide support for software development, hardware testing, and more at FDOT’s Traffic Engineering Research Laboratory (TERL).
What will you contribute?
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school level courses in math, technical drafting, computer assisted drafting and/or science may be required. No experience is generally required with the applicable high school courses or equivalent training, or if accepted into an Associate's or Bachelor's degree program in a related technical field.
- Must have completed 60 hours towards an engineering degree from an ABET accredited program by the start of the internship (Summer 2023).
- Math skills to perform simple calculations; willingness to learn.
- Basic computer skills required to enter data into spreadsheets or databases.
- Software development experience, including C#, Python or similar languages. Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio a plus.
- Experience with AutoCAD or MicroStation (preferred) is a plus
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.