Board Operations and Strategic Implementation Intern
UNICEF USA (UUSA) is a private, independent, U.S. nonprofit that exists to deliver impact for children. UNICEF USA advances the global mission of UNICEF by rallying the American public to support the world’s most vulnerable children. We are driven by a shared objective that every child is healthy, educated, protected, and respected. Headquartered in New York City, UNICEF USA has nearly 300 employees across the U.S. with nine regional offices. This year, UNICEF USA raised over $1B in private sector support, advanced legislation, and secured government resources to deliver impact for children. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Position: Board Operations and Strategic Implementation Intern
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
UNICEF USA seeks an Board Operations and Strategic Implementation intern. The Board Operations and Strategic Implementation Intern will work in collaboration with the Manager of Board Operations and the Executive Office team on National Board governance, strategic planning implementation, and cross-divisional collaboration. We are currently seeking paid interns for our cohort that will commence in September. This internship would provide an opportunity to learn about:
• Nonprofit Board of Director structure and governance
• UNICEF USA strategic planning and operating plan implementation
• Project management for cross-divisional priorities
• Strategic thinking concerning larger organizational questions and processes
• Research and complete an industry analysis of best practices for board recruitment and onboarding.
• Research and co-create governance materials for the National Board of Directors.
• Support UNICEF USA’s future of workprocess and help inform organizational strategy.
• Research industry collaboration best practices and performance of UUSA strategy.
• Assist in the proposal of content and editing for the weekly communications to the Board of Directors.
• Create internal tools for staff related to the strategic plan and operational plan.
• Support the refresh of the strategic plan and planning process.
• Other projects as assigned and interested.
• Must be a current student enrolled in a College or University degree program
• Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of children's rights/international issues/board management/strategic planning/nonprofit management
• Experience with board governance, strategic planning, project management, and nonprofit management (extracurricular activities, professional experience, etc.)
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and show examples of thoughtful and strategic skills
• Examples of solution-oriented thinking and extreme attention to detail
• Innovation, creativity, and a team player mentality are necessary for success in this role
• The candidate will be resourceful and energetic with the ability to manage multiple priorities across the team
• Fluency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Trello, Zoom and Slack a plus
• Must be a highly motivated team player who enthusiastically embraces the mission of UNICEF and UNICEF USA
• Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UNICEF USA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. UUSA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.