Software Developer Internship
Frontida is a United Nations-approved nonprofit created by passionate young entrepreneurs, dedicated to developing health documentation applications clinics in low-resources settings. Frontida has deployed systems in Greece, Panama, Afghanistan, Poland, and Romania. Now, we are getting ready to launch systems in Ukraine to help the Ukraine Crisis and start our first projects in Africa with the United Nations Development Program. Apply now and join our zealous team who has won multiple awards and mentorship from the National Academy of Engineering, Oracle, Marshall Grief Incubator, Westly Foundation, Techstars and Blackstone Launchpad, and Viterbi Min and MEPC challenge. Learn more about Frontida at
Frontida is looking for an enthusiastic software developer intern to work with our R&D group on innovative solutions for healthcare documentation. We work with NGOs worldwide to provide health documentation tools in some of the most challenging environments. We’re looking for experienced and creative software engineers that are eager to take on the unique challenges we face and take initiative and ownership to create unique solutions. You’ll be working directly with the CTO on our research projects and you’ll work with the rest of our team to understand what it takes to deliver customized health documentation tools in under-served regions.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of your domain
- Ability to share and communicate effectively in an async team environment
- Experience building REST APIs with popular frameworks (i.e. express, go-chi, spring)
- Experience with deploying and managing cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience working with databases in production (NoSQL or SQL)
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, Ansible, Pulumi)
- Experience working with Linux servers (Ubuntu)
- Role will require between 15-20 hours weekly
- The internship will be part-time and unpaid, but will provide hands-on startup experience and high-impact responsibilities.
(You can apply to multiple internships)
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.