Associate Director of Alumni Engagement
Strategic Leadership – Alumni Signature & Volunteer Activities
- Develop and execute strategies for all alumni signature programs, including but not limited to Gator100, Gator Nation Tailgates, 40 Gators Under 40, Grand Guard and LeaDErshIp (DEI) Awards.
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategies around alumni and university-wide special events and reunions that are consistent with the strategic focus and image of the University of Florida and UF Advancement. This includes special events and varied off-site and on-campus events designed to promote both academic and non-academic activities within the University.
- Collaborate with Gator Club & Affiliate Group staff to plan and execute signature programs and reunion activities for ABA, AHA, AAA, LGBTQ+ and provide consult on targeted Gator Club events when key campus partners (e.g. University Athletic Association) are engaged to ensure program success.
- Coordinate with leadership to provide post event stewardship of VIP attendees and volunteers.
- Responsible for managing Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement and Student Assistant positions to include recruitment and hiring; training; scheduling; certifying time and attendance.
- Serve as co-chair of the Programs, Enrollment and Young Alumni Workgroups for the UF Alumni Association Board of Directors which includes oversight, management and/or coordination of committee calls, sub-committee activities and board meeting preparation.
- Collaborate with Annual Giving team on Giving Day and My Gift Our Legacy on the strategy development, planning and execution of UFAA Board of Directors giving campaign.
- Assist Senior Director of Alumni Relations with strategic planning and execution of UFAA Board of Directors meetings, new member orientation and monthly engagement activities.
- Develop, execute and lead all young alumni strategies to include the UFAA Board of Directors, Gator Clubs & Affiliate Groups, Campus Partners, College Alumni, including committees and workgroups, as appropriate.
- Serve as liaison for strategic campus partners (C3, Student Life, Enrollment & Government Relations) to include coordination and execution of partnered activities, developing cross-collaborative alumni initiatives - inclusive of Gator Clubs & Affiliate Group activities – and management of taskforces or leadership briefings.
- In partnership with Senior Director of Alumni Relations and Executive Director of the Alumni Association, assist with the development and execution of university-wide AI continuing education opportunities.
- Serve as liaison on new strategic partners to examine and determine alignment and priorities within UF Online, the International Center and Homecoming.
- Lead the bi-monthly Alumni Representatives meeting that includes college/unit/campus partners to streamline communication, execution and engagement at alumni relations events and signature programs. Contribute to regular brainstorming on innovative, unique and personalized donor relations/stewardship communications and experiences.
- Assist with oversight of the UFAA Travel Program to include strategy development and execution in partnership with Gator Clubs & Affiliate Groups, International Center and Advancement partners.
- In coordination with the Donor Relations & University Initiatives offices, manage and oversee stewardship activities of key volunteers for signature programs and/or Gator Club & Affiliate Group activities, including major gift prospects and board members.
- Serve as a content expert in Stewardship & University-Initiative related matters for our internal partners through leadership and representation in monthly meetings.
- Develop and manage plans to move from a concept to a fully functioning virtual engagement community with the new CRM, virtual events platform and university-wide community engagement tool.
- Responsible for managing the community and serving as the main liaison for the research and engagement, coordinating with internal stakeholders, alumni, and the vendor.
- Serve as the alumni main point of contact for campus-wide workgroup to aid in the extension of the insight community’s application and overall impact on the continuous improvement across Advancement and the University.
- Consult regularly with leadership to understand business needs and then develop actionable measurements and strategies to provide appropriate business intelligence, including samples, questionnaires, and surveys.
- Create high-level executive summaries and integrated dashboards for Alumni Relations & Advancement leadership.
- Assist with the development and execution of Virtual Community activities, including but not limited to Gator Club & Affiliate Group integration, a UF Events calendar and alumni engagements within key demographic regions in the state of Florida and across the country.
- Build core mechanisms and communications vehicles to encourage participation and engagement in the community.
- Analyze survey findings and member engagement activities to provide impactful insights and report and present the insights gathered to business partners and stakeholders.
- Share feedback, build a dialogue, and implement other methods to further engage the community.
- Respond to questions and non-survey input from the community participants.
- Evaluate outcomes of the insight’s community.
EXPECTED SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of appropriate experience in alumni affairs or related field; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience in alumni affairs or related field.
A valid driver's license is required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in market research, business, marketing, or communications; knowledge of and experience with diverse market research techniques; experience with survey design, question development, programming tools and the administration of surveys.
- Two to three years of relevant experience in successful higher education program work in alumni relations, development, or marketing/communications is strongly preferred.
- Experience communicating with engaging and supporting multiple and diverse communities.
- Experience with event planning, and with community management and/or customer service.
- A proven track record with project management, and preferably with vendor management; experience in data analysis and reporting: data query, segmentation, statistical analysis, writing/presentation of findings, communication of results.
- Must be an outstanding communicator and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Detail-oriented and the ability to communicate well verbally and in written form and able to build relationships effectively with a diverse community of alumni and a variety of campus partners.
- Experience in data analysis and reporting: data query, segmentation, statistical analysis, writing/presentation of findings, communication of results; proficient in Microsoft Office products, including the creative visual display of information; proficiency with databases, integration of data across sources, and analytical software packages.
- An appreciation for and support of diversity in the workplace in all its forms; proven success working with stakeholders; project management skills; experience in a data-driven environment; organizational skills; and the ability to lead, influence and motivate others are required.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, a customer service-oriented attitude; and the ability to work in a complex organization are necessary for success in this position.
- The incumbent should be computer proficient in these areas: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, internet browsers, preferably Internet Explorer, E-mail and social media.
- The ability and willingness to travel are necessary.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and three references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.