Performance Internship - Spring 2023
We are seeking high performing individuals to join our learning intensive, internship program. As a Performance Specialist Intern, you will gain knowledge and experience working in a highly skilled strength, conditioning, group and individual training environment. Exos strives to provide our interns with valuable experiences that will help propel your career forward after graduation.
Our program will focus on the following:
- Learn from best in class human performance professionals on how to develop and refine your coaching skills.
- Shadow, observe, and participate in the programming and services we offer our athlete clientele ranging from youth to adult, collegiate, elite, and professional.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Exos Methodology and earn our Exos Performance Specialist Certification (XPS).
- Weekly engage in lectures, presentations, and practicums on how we enhance human performance and how you can use these tools post-graduation.
- Practical training on how to develop linear and multi-directional movement skills, applications and program designs
- Opportunity to receive additional exposure to sports specific training methods, performance nutrition, physical therapy and the utilization of sport science for client evaluations
- Engage with the NFL Combine preparation program in select locations (spring semester only).
- Receive priority as an Exos trained intern for potential employment after graduation.
- Enrolled in a 4 year bachelor or master’s program specializing in sport science, kinesiology, exercise physiology, exercise science, etc.
- Must be in a program accepting college credit in exchange for an internship experience, as this is an unpaid internship
- Dedicate a minimum of 20 hours/week (AM/PM) monday thru friday for the 12-16 weeks
- Have a passion for and/or currently in the field of Human Performance
- Proficiency in anatomy, coaching, and strength and conditioning training
- Computer Literate - Google Docs and Google Sheets, an excellent communicator and detail oriented
- Eligible for work in the USA
Upon being selected for this amazing internship experience working in an industry leading sports performance facility, you will be asked to:
- Find, secure, and fund your own housing for the duration of the internship
- Book and fund your travel and relocating to the location of your internship prior to the start date
- Fund all food and transportation costs for the duration of your internship
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted repeatedly throughout the workday.
- Frequent walking around and demonstrating and assisting with exercise movements; bending, stretching, lifting, pushing, pulling and squatting are movements performed daily.