2023 Lazard Asset Management Marketing Internship
Many of the world’s leading investors – from individuals to institutions across the globe – have
entrusted Lazard Asset Management with over $170 billion in assets. We pride ourselves in being at the forefront of complex financial markets and uncovering the best investment opportunities for our clients. Our business is defined by an unwavering focus on our clients and commitment to delivering long-term value for our clients. We are committed to fostering an entrepreneurial culture and collaborative environment in which good ideas can take flight, no matter where they come from.
Our Global Marketing team is critical to the growth of our business and is focused on driving revenue generating opportunities for the firm by: 1) increasing brand awareness and industry regard; 2) differentiating our investment solutions and services; and 3) establishing ourselves as a premier thought leader.
The team is comprised of the following groups:
- Global Channel Marketing, which defines and executes strategic, audience centric marketing strategies to grow the business
- Global Digital Marketing, which defines digital strategy, manages digital footprint globally, and optimizes the digital client experience to increase engagement
- Global Marketing Solutions & Operations, which creates infrastructure to support Marketing, Sales and Investment teams with new business and respond to client demands
- Global Content Marketing, which develops the thought leadership and product content agenda to create clarity on impact and drive awareness with clients
- Global PR & Communications, which strategically leads media relations and communications to help capture mindshare and market share
- Global Brand, which develops and drives the strategic brand vision, voice, and direction
Our hands on, 10-week internship is designed as a Summer Associate program for juniors and seniors interested in pursuing a career in financial marketing. In addition to role-specific training, interns also receive mentorship, engage in networking and volunteer opportunities, and benefit from employee resource groups such as LEAD, which is focused on the development of future leaders through training, internal mobility, and philanthropy. The summer internship concludes with a final capstone project in which interns present an innovative and strategic presentation to better position the business for the future.
Please note our program is for juniors and seniors, classes of 2023 and 2024 only.
Summer Associate responsibilities:
- Work on New York’s Marketing team with a focus on Firm, Channel, or Product Marketing efforts
- Collaborate with marketing teams around the globe
- Partner with sales to plan, build, execute, and report on marketing campaigns
- Research major trends within the industry and liaise with all parts of the business, including senior management, portfolio management, sales, and technology, to build marketing solutions to help drive business growth
- Conduct competitive analysis based on qualitative and quantitative metrics
Our firm is made up of motivated, intellectually curious leaders. We are looking for undergraduates with demonstrated interest in investment management, and passion for client servicing, sales partnership, and relationship management. The inherent qualifications we look for are:
- Consistent academic achievement
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Exceptional organization and communication skills (written and oral)
- Intellectually curious and willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate use of Excel and PowerPoint preferred
Note, we review applications on a rolling basis.
Diversity and Inclusion at Lazard
Lazard is an intellectual capital business focused on delivering the best advice and solutions to clients. Achieving these objectives requires us to identify, develop and retain the best talent. A workforce comprised of people with varied backgrounds and experiences creates a rich diversity of thought that empowers us to challenge conventional wisdom, as diverse perspectives lead to better decisions.
Our appreciation of diversity’s strength is ingrained in our multi-cultural heritage. As a global firm that has grown organically from local roots in different countries, we have a deep tradition of respect for individual differences, which has been core to our success for several decades.
The ongoing cultivation of diversity and an inclusive, equitable culture are essential to our continued growth. We are committed to sustaining an environment in which all employees – regardless of socioeconomic status, race, color, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran or military status – can bring their whole selves to work to maximize their individual potential and our collective success.
Compensation: Pro-rated base annual salary of $85,000