Internship - Private Asset Management, Research Team (Year-Round)
Are you looking to gain real world experience in a thriving, global financial services firm with an award winning culture? Consider an internship and start building your career at Baird.
About our intern program:
Our competitive intern program offers interns exposure to the business world and a meaningful work experience. Interns are treated as valuable team members while learning from experienced professionals in a collaborative, fun and dynamic environment. Baird's summer intern program activities include an Intern Welcome Event, professional development, networking with leaders and associates, and many other informal events. Our interns have the opportunity to use a Baird Cares Day, a paid day to volunteer in the community. They are also eligible to apply for scholarships. Our mentor program gives interns an opportunity to network throughout Baird and learn about all the areas of the firm.
Private Asset Management (PAM) is a group within Baird Private Wealth Management that provides investment consulting for some of the firm’s largest institutional investment portfolios including foundations and endowments, pensions and other ERISA plans, companies and trusts and ultra-high net worth families. Our team members, with MBA, CFA, CPA and JD designations and degrees, average over 19 years of industry experience.
Internship Location, Availability and Hours:
Located in our downtown Milwaukee, WI office, the intern must be able to work part-time during the school semesters, 15-20 hours per week, and full time during the summer, 37.5-40 hours per week. We are seeking a student who can start May 2023.
As a Private Asset Management Intern, you will:
- Support the PAM Research Analysts with data generation (i.e. market data, index data, performance data) and analysis
- Compile financial information for internal and external reporting
- Work with Business Development for overview books and RFP responses
- Assist with quarterly manager due diligence process
- Perform additional duties and assist with ad hoc projects as assigned
What we look for:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business preferred. Pursuing an Investment Management program or certificate a plus.
- Strong academic performance
- Anticipated gradation date of May 2024 or later
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively as a team player
- Positive attitude, proactive in seeking additional work, and strong initiative.
- Detail-oriented and exhibits organizational, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be currently enrolled in college and live within a commutable distance
What makes this opportunity great:
- Interns apply knowledge gained in the classroom to develop relevant professional experience while developing meaningful relationships
- Real world, hands on experience in generating and analyzing data and how that data is used to make investment decisions