Insurance Service Coordinator
HAI Group®, a property-casualty insurance company serving the affordable housing industry, is looking for an Insurance Service Coordinator who is ready to take the next step in their career. As Insurance Service Coordinator at HAI Group, you’ll be rewarded with interesting challenges, competitive incentives/benefits, and a people-focused company culture. Are you ready to become an Insurance Service Coordinator on our talented and welcoming Underwriting team? Learn more about the position and company below and submit your resume today!
- Collaborate: The Insurance Service Coordinator partners with several departments; Underwriting, Agency, Account Services and Product Development to maintain accounts and support new business development with a focus on excellent internal and external customer service.
- Execute: This position is designed to grow with the organization and provides an opportunity to work closely with customers. Successful Insurance Service Coordinators are deadline driven, process focused, and have a strong desire to learn the specialty insurance business and apply that knowledge for the success of the enterprise.
Skills and Requirements
- Basic knowledge of Underwriting; Conceptual knowledge of Property Casualty Insurance Operations
- Performs a required high volume of insurance-related administrative tasks within required timeframes to meet assigned deadlines
- Process driven; policy verification, updating changes, monthly renewals set-up, producing quotes and creating policies
- Collaborate with PHA staff using problem-solving service capacity
- Strong Computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Critical thinking and problem solving; Analytical ability
- Customer focus with a service mindset
- Detail oriented; delivers work on-time
- Self- starter; quick learner
- Adapts to change; responds to customers and internal business partners with a sense of urgency
- Team oriented; creates positive working relationships
- High School Diploma; GED
- 3-5 years in Customer Service role within property and casualty insurance company, agency or brokerage, preferred.
- Producers License, preferred
The Underwriting Team is a group of HAI Group subject matter experts with deep knowledge of the products and insurance forms; fully utilizing industry knowledge. The team is customer focused and applies their business knowledge to all interactions with members. The team effectively manages its time and workflow to support the needs of customers and the enterprise. The team works closely with the Underwriting, Account Services and other departments to provide a high level of services/products to the members.
HAI Group is the nation’s leading property-casualty insurance company founded by and dedicated to affordable housing organizations. While we are recognized as a pioneer of affordable housing insurance programs, insurance is not our only strength. We protect, preserve, and promote the sustainability of affordable housing with an array of products and services that support the challenges housing organizations face. Besides insurance, we offer risk management services, online training, and consulting services used by more than 1,500 housing organizations nationwide. Headquartered in Cheshire, Connecticut, HAI Group® was recognized as a Top Workplace in 2020 and 2021.
HAI Group contributes to a culture that creates a safe and healthy working environment and a space of inclusiveness and belonging for all by: exceeding our customers’ expectations, working collaboratively across the organization, embracing diversity, and demonstrating mutual respect.
HAI Group Benefits and Perks
- Bonus structure
- Annual merit program
- Outstanding 401(k) program
- Profit Sharing
- Flexible work schedules
- Generous paid time off, paid volunteer days and paid holidays
- Medical, vision and dental Insurance
- Company paid life, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- HSA, FSA and dependent care options
- On-Site wellness: Full gym and locker rooms, wellness initiatives, outdoor basketball and tennis court, picnic pavilion area
- Tuition reimbursement and loan repayment
- Professional development
- Community outreach
HAI Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No agency submissions please. Resumes submitted to any HAI Group employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the HAI Group Recruiting team for this position will become the property of HAI Group and no agency fees will be paid.