Intern - Engineering (College Freshman) - Summer 2023
About the role - you will:
- Work closely with a Sustaining Engineer to complete a project and to support the factory. A portion of your time will be working in a cleanroom. The sustaining organization is currently working on projects to improve factory efficiency, to elevate engineering training, to build models in Solid Works, to deploy VR/AR solutions, and to automate work.
- Responsible for activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- Set up and operate a variety of automatic or semi-automatic machines used in the production of the company’s products.
- Work from process sheet or written/verbal instructions.
- Check and inspect operations against predetermined tolerances. Includes all assembly, fabrication and machine operation jobs.
- Operate machinery or computer devices to produce a product or service.
- Opportunity to train and gain exposure to all engineering disciplines, as well as Physics and Chemistry
- Enhance your problem solving and data analysis skill sets as you work to resolve daily product and factory issues. With the rapid pace of our technology development, you will rarely face the same problem twice!
- Perform daily troubleshooting and evaluation of suspect wafers and processes.
- Work with process technicians, engineers, maintenance, and operations employees to resolve factory and product issues
- Ensure proper passdown and process documentation is made and report to management of factory status including problems and potential problems.
- Conduct SPC monitoring of tools, investigate scrap root causes, and address factory inhibitors.
- Review tool qualifications with equipment engineering.
- Assist Research & Development teams with the advancement of technology.
- Work with state of the art nanofabrication equipment.
- Work with state of the art measurement instrumentation.
- Develop specialization aligned with a career interest
- Significant engineering responsibility
- Work on cutting-edge technology
- Completed one year at a University, College, or Community College in Engineering or Science (Chemistry, Physics, or Math) and returning to school in the Fall 2023.
- Must be 18 on first day of employment.
- Internship will be between 8-12 weeks.
Our Normandale campus spans two suburbs, Edina and Bloomington, and serves as the Recording Head development and manufacturing arm of Seagate. Located in the heart of a bustling community, Seagate offers an on-site café, or if you prefer, you can drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away. Need to grab a gift over lunch time? Shopping is abundant in the area. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, outdoor activities, tournaments and group workouts. Looking for something more laid back? Reset in one of our meditation rooms, or simply take a walk around our indoor walking path. On-site cultural festivals, celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Location: Normandale, United States