Home Health Aide- STNA State Tested Nurse Aide
Home Health Aide Job Responsibilities vary on the client:
- FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE AND HOURS
- TRAINING AVAILABLE
- Enables patients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording patient condition, and providing support and personal services.
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and light exercise.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services, if required (shopping for food and other household requirements), preparing and serving meals and snacks, and running errands.
- Assists patients by providing personal services, such as bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Helps patients care for themselves by teaching the use of a cane or walker, special utensils to eat, and special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient.
- Advises on nutrition, cleanliness, and housekeeping.
- Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal and notifying the nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepsis standards and procedures, maintaining security precautions, and following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards.
- Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, and federal, state, and local requirements.