Quantitative Developer Intern
Beacon Platform was founded in 2014 by Kirat Singh and Mark Higgins, industry leaders in building and designing enterprise-scale trading, analytics, and risk management platforms. Our products enable financial institutions of all sizes to operationalize front-office development at enterprise scale on the cloud. The Platform consists of Beacon Front Office Suite for cross-asset management of trades, positions and risk, and Beacon Core, an integrated development and operating platform that enables quants and software engineers to collaboratively develop and continuously deploy business solutions. Beacon’s open architecture and transparent source-code model empower clients to achieve their business goals while maintaining unparalleled ownership of the full technology stack.
Job Title: Quantitative Developer Intern
Beacon is revolutionizing the financial services industry by empowering quantitative developers and business users. Beacon is the only vendor on the market that gives clients underlying source code, a developer platform, and infrastructure services so that clients can own the entire technology stack. Clients benefit from Beacon’s next-generation platform for enterprise-scale analytics, trading, risk management, and more.
- Build, improve, and maintain components of our Financial Object Hierarchy (applications, market models, cross asset pricing and risk analytics) as part of a team with our quantitative developers
- Collaborate with our clients (asset managers, hedge funds, insurance companies, banks and commodities trading companies) to gather requirements and assist with development of product enhancements.
- Write and improve upon internal and client facing documentation
- Lead internal presentations covering the scope and development of your work
- Provide training to our clients and Beacon developers on your project, as appropriate
- Providing ongoing support of the Beacon Platform.
- A degree or active pursuance of a degree in a relevant STEM field is required, MFE a plus
- Experience with and interest in financial markets and pricing/risk analytics is a plus
- Deep familiarity with Python is required, experience with other languages a plus
Salary Range: $25 - $35 per hour
About Beacon Platform:
Beacon is revolutionizing the financial services industry by empowering our clients’ quantitative developer teams and business users like no other platform provider. With the Beacon platform, financial institutions of all sizes can leverage our 20+ years of experience in building enterprise-scale trading, analytics, and risk management platforms at some of the most successful financial institutions in the world. In addition to applications for front and middle office users, the Beacon platform includes cloud-based, secure sandbox infrastructure, a full suite of developer tools, and transparent source code to give our clients unparalleled power to own the full stack and achieve their business goals. Beacon was founded in 2014 by the senior technologists who worked with SecDB at Goldman Sachs and created Athena at JP Morgan and Quartz at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Beacon has over 140 employees with offices in New York, London, and Tokyo. www.beacon.io
Beacon does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Beacon encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Beacon Platform participates in eVerify